This Quick Easy Tuna Pasta recipe is a delicious, healthy meal to make when time is short, but you still want to make a nutritious meal for dinner or lunch.
Last week, I made a recipe with quinoa pasta, and since I loved the texture of it, I am now totally addicted to this pasta. Every time I want to cook pasta, I choose quinoa pasta because there isn’t a huge difference between the traditional pasta and quinoa pasta. Plus, using quinoa means this pasta is a complete protein! Of course, if you choose whole-wheat pasta, it is also a great option since it has a higher amount of fibre.
My husband has been traveling for work for about 10 days. When I am alone, I don’t like to cook anything that takes more than 20 minutes to be ready. Ground Turkey Sweet Potato Skillet and Leek Kalamata Rice are my favourite under-30-minute recipes. I honestly don’t know why people love to cook for one. For me, it’s so boring to cook only for myself, but I REALLY enjoy cooking for someone else like my husband or friends. I have to confess… Sometimes I even buy frozen cooked meals so that I don’t have to cook for one. Yes, I know. This is awful and isn’t healthy at all, but life is not perfect and neither am I. 😉
So, I decide to make this Quick Easy Tuna Pasta recipe for lunch because it is very easy to make, and I doubled the recipe to have leftovers for dinner. The ingredients are so simple, and I bet everyone has these in the fridge and pantry. Once you chop the onion, you’re almost done. No kidding!! You only need to sauté the onions and garlic, and then add the flaked tuna, homemade tomato sauce, and cooked pasta to the pan. There you have it! A healthy, delicious meal ready to enjoy at any time! Hope you enjoy this Quick Easy Tuna Pasta recipe today. Get inspired, and make something tasty and nutritious in your kitchen!!
See below for how to make this Quick Easy Tuna Pasta recipe:
Quick Easy Tuna Pasta
- 2 cups quinoa fusilli
- salt and ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup red onion - chopped
- 2 cloves garlic - finely chopped
- 3½ ounces canned tuna - drained
- 1 cup homemade tomato sauce - or tomato sauce of your choice
- 1 tablespoon basil leaves - chopped, for garnishing
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese - shredded
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil.
- Add the quinoa fusilli, and cook according to the packet instructions. Drain the pasta.
- Heat the oil in a pan, and add the onion. Sauté until they are golden brown.
- Add the garlic, and cook until fragrant.
- Flake the tuna into the onion mixture, and heat.
- Add the tomato sauce and cooked quinoa fusilli to the tuna mixture. Stir well for 1 minute or so.
- Serve with a generous grinding of pepper, basil leaves, and Parmesan cheese.
If you make this recipe, follow @primaverakitchen on Instagram, snap a photo and hashtag it #primaverakitchen. I'd love to see what you're making!
If you like this Quick Easy Tuna Pasta recipe, please share it with your friends and family. Do you want to taste more? Subscribe to my newsletter, and follow Primavera Kitchen on Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, and Facebook for all delicious recipe updates. As always, I really appreciate you stopping by.