This super easy and satisfying Sausage Quinoa Pasta is tossed in a simple homemade tomato sauce and parmesan cheese. This is a perfect filling pasta dish for your busy weeknight.
One thing that crossed my mind when my husband and I were trying to change our diet and eat healthier was: “Now, we can’t eat sausage anymore” (sad face). Yes, I stopped to eat it for a while because we all know that sausage is processed meat, relatively high fat and salt. However, sausage is something that I always enjoyed to eat. In Brazil churrasco (a Portuguese word for BBQ) is something HUGE and I remember when I was in a BBQ party there I almost never ate meat, instead I ate sausage. I love sausage on the grill.
Like I was saying before I did stopped eating sausage for a while. But, actually I don’t like depriving myself from eating the foods I like, because I know it does not work for me. I think that’s why I don’t follow any strict diet and I always believe that occasionally everyone needs to splurge like my husband always says.
So, I decided to eat sausage again. However, this time I am more demanding with the quality of the sausage that I buy. First, I always choose fresh sausages for a start. Second, I always check the list of ingredients: the fewer the better. Third, when it is possible I buy organic sausage because there is better quality meats inside. And fourth, I always buy it at places that I really trust. So, if you follow these steps I believe you will be fine. I’ve also been making this Italian Sausage, Onions and Peppers Skillet and Slow Cooker Italian Sausage and Peppers with these delicious sausages.
Subscribe for new recipes & a free e-cookbook
The pasta that I used to make this meal today is known on this blog because I always cook with it. A few weeks ago I made a couple of delicious dishes with quinoa pasta (Quinoa Salad with Roasted Asparagus, Sausage Asparagus Quinoa Pasta and Quick Easy Tuna Pasta) that you can’t even taste the difference from a regular pasta. I really recommend quinoa pasta for those who can’t eat gluten. This pasta has almost the texture of regular pasta, but without any of the gluten that goes with it and it is loaded with protein. This meal is super easy and quick to make, and will be on your table in less than 15 minutes. You just need to bring water to a boil, cook the quinoa pasta, cook the sausage, add tomato sauce and garnish with delicious Parmesan cheese and fresh parsley. I hope you enjoy it and give this recipe a try!
Want to make this a little more hearty? Combine it with my Italian Sausage Tomato Sauce Recipe!
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil.
- Cook quinoa pasta at a boil until tender yet firm, about 8 minutes; drain.
- In a large skillet, cook the hot Italian sausage over medium heat until browned. It will take about 10-15 minutes.
- Add the quinoa pasta and homemade tomato sauce to the skillet. Stir well for 1 minute or so.
- If necessary, adjust seasoning and add more olive oil to add more flavor.
- Serve with a generous grinding of pepper, parsley and Parmesan cheese.
- Feel free to use a different pasta if you prefer. Just make sure to follow the instructions on the box to cook to al dente.
- If you have fresh basil, it makes for a delicious swap for parsley.
- Feel free to swap the sausage with your favourite if you prefer a different one.
- To store: Store the leftover sausage quinoa pasta in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- To reheat: You can easily reheat everything in the microwave.
- To freeze: Once cooled completely, transfer the dish to an airtight freezer-safe container and freeze for up to 2 months.
Nutrition information is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate.
If you like Sausage Quinoa Pasta recipe, please share with your friends and family. Do you wanna taste more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow Primavera Kitchen on Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook for all delicious recipes updates. As always, you are really appreciated for stopping by.
More Quinoa Pasta Recipes