I don’t know about you, but I love to entertain and have people over (friends and family). Every time we invite our loved ones to our place we serve appetizers such as different types of cheese, chopped raw veggies with dips and of course some crackers and bread. I mean, who doesn’t love a Holiday Cheese Board. Need some advice on making one? Check out my post on How to Make a Cheese Board!
However, it’s really hard for me to find low-carb crackers in my local grocery store. I’ve already found gluten-free and paleo crackers but low-carb crackers I don’t. That’s why I decided to make my own low-carb crackers and let me tell you, they’re delicious. Perfect to entertain as an appetizer or snack in the afternoon.
How do I make these Low-Carb Almond Flour Crackers? Well… I used good almond flour, which is great for all the low-carb baking like in my Low-carb Almond Flour Chocolate Cake and Cranberry Almond Chocolate Chip Cookies. These Low Carb Almond Flour Crackers actually taste like the real deal. Don’t believe me? Please, try it and you will see.
The best part of this recipe is that it’s very easy to make. You will need only 5 ingredients (almond flour, sesame seeds, baking soda, egg and garlic powder) plus of course salt and pepper.
Subscribe for new recipes & a free e-cookbook
However, the hardest part of this recipe is rolling out the dough, which is not a big deal, but you will need a good heavy marble rolling pin and or you can any bottle of wine or whisk works too.
Want to bake another delicious treat? Try my Chocolate Almond Butter Cookies! Hope you give it a try and enjoy!
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and cut two pieces of parchment paper. The size of the pieces of parchment paper should be the size of your large baking sheet.
- In a large bowl, add almond flour, garlic powder, sesame seeds, baking soda, salt and pepper and mix well to combine everything.
- Then, add the egg and stir the egg into the ingredients to create the dough. Divide the dough in half.
- Place the dough on the center of one piece of parchment paper. Place another sheet of parchment paper on top of the dough.
- Now, roll the dough into a thin layer using a rolling pin or a bottle of wine or whisky. The dough should be about 1⁄4-inch in thickness.
- When you’re done rolling, remove the top layer of parchment paper and sprinkle with coarse salt and black pepper.
- Using a chef knife or a pizza cutter, cut the dough into 40 square pieces. Leave the cut dough in place. Place the parchment with the dough onto a baking sheet.
- Bake for 15- 20 minutes or until the dough is brown and crunchy.
- Allow them to cool down for 5 minute before putting them on a cooling rack. Break apart when they’re not hot any more.
- Do step 4 to step 9 with the other half of the dough.
- Store in an airtight container or plastic zip bag.
- This recipe was adapted from Low Carb Marven.
- This recipe was not tested with different low carb flours, so I do not recommend swapping the flour.
- Feel free to use a mix of regular and black sesame seeds.
- Try to cut the dough for the crackers as uniformly as possible so they brown evenly.
- To store: Store the crackers in an airtight container at room temperature.
Nutrition information is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate.