These Cranberry Almond Chocolate Chip Cookies are the perfect low-carb and gluten-free holidays season treat. They are filled with sugar-free dried cranberries and dark chocolate chips.
As you probably have noticed by the last few holiday treats I’ve been posting recently (Chocolate Almond Biscotti Cookies, Almond Flour Shortbread Cookies and Almond Flour Cranberry Muffins) that I love baking with almond flour.
It’s not simply because almond flour is packed with good fats, protein and it’s low-carb and gluten-free. I think what I like the most about baking with it, is because of the delicious nutty flavour and the great texture.
Anyways, if you’re in the holiday baking mood like I am, you’ll also have to check out my Chocolate Almond Butter Cookies, Coconut Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies, and Cranberry Chocolate Chip Cookies! And if you’re gluten-free, you should check out my 12 Healthy Gluten-free Cookies Recipes (Web Story)!
How These Cranberry Almond Chocolate Chip Cookies Taste:
The almond flour gives these Cranberry Almond Chocolate Chip Cookies a very rich and nutty flavor throughout the cookie. They are also soft inside and outside they are crispy.
Subscribe for new recipes & a free e-cookbook
These cookies also bake up thick and they are balanced, sweetened naturally and have this tangy bits of cranberry! On top of that, the chocolate chips inside of the cookies bring more indulgence to these holiday treat. These cranberry almond chocolate chip cookies are some of the best cookies I’ve made in a while and they check off everything on our favourite Christmas cookies:
- Extreme softness.
- Crisp edges.
- Darn thick.
They are basically everything we all love about a chocolate chip cookie. The best part is that these cookies are a pretty healthy option when it comes to holiday cookies because they’re sugar-free, low-carb and gluten-free too! Plus, they only require one bowl, few ingredients and about 30 minutes to whip up! I really hope you enjoy this recipe and give it a try.
More Healthy Cookies To Try:
- Almond Flour Shortbread Cookies: They’re low-carb, but it’s so delicious that you won’t believe these cookies are actually healthier than the traditional shortbread cookie.
- Chocolate Almond Biscotti Cookies: Amazing low-carb version of the traditional and classic Italian biscotti cookie.
- Sugar-free Nutella Thumbprint Cookies: Delicious cookies made with almond flour and my easy peasy homemade nutella.
Cranberry Almond Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 4 tbsp sugar-free syrup
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup sugar-free chocolate chips + more for topping
- 1/2 cup sugar-free dried cranberries
- Pre-heat the oven to 350F.
- Add the coconut oil and syrup in a large bowl and stir well.
- Then, add the egg and vanilla. Whisk well together until combined.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the almond flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir well until combined.
- Fold in chocolate chip and dried cranberries.
- Scoop out 1 tablespoon of the batter onto the baking sheet with a silicone mat or parchment paper.
- Press down gently with your fingers to flatten slightly.
- Top each with a few additional chocolate chips, if desired.
- 10. Bake for 12 minutes. Let them cool completely to remove from the baking sheet, otherwise the cookies may break apart.
- Make sure to allow the cookies to cool before moving them so they have time to firm up.
- For prettier cookies, you can press extra chocolate chips on top of the cookies before baking them.
- To store: Store the cookies for up to 5 days in an airtight container in the fridge.
- To freeze: After cooling, freeze the cookies in a freezer-safe bag for up to 3 months.
Nutrition information is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate.
Leave a Comment