This Sweet Potato Zucchini Casserole recipe is incredibly flavorful, gluten-free, and easy to make. It’ll be on your table in less than 30 minutes and is a one-pan meal loaded with protein, vitamins, and nutrients.
Subscribe for new recipes & a free e-cookbook
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 medium zucchinis diced
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 1/2 cup onions chopped
- 1 garlic clove minced
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 1 cup homemade tomato sauce or any other sauce of your preference
- 2 medium sweet potato sliced
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese (shredded)
- Garnish with fresh parsley (chopped)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium skillet, heat 1 tbsp of olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add zucchini, salt, and pepper. Stir occasionally and cook for about 5 minutes. Set aside.
- In the same skillet, add onions and garlic. Cook until the onions are translucent.
- Add the ground turkey and cook until the meat is not pink anymore. Make sure to break apart the meat with a spoon as it cooks.
- Add homemade tomato sauce, the cooked zucchini, salt, and pepper. Cook for more 3-5 minutes.
- In a greased baking casserole, place the slices of sweet potato in an even layer.
- Pour the ground turkey mixture into a baking dish.
- Top with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes or until the sweet potatoes are tender.
- Before serving sprinkle some fresh parsley.
Nutrition information is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate.
And if you like this Sweet Potato Zucchini Casserole recipe, please share with your friends and family. Do you want to taste more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow Primavera Kitchen on Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, and Facebook for all delicious recipes updates. As always, I really appreciate you stopping by.
More Zucchini Casserole Recipes!