Garlic Butter Lamb Chops are pan seared, so simple to cook and such a delicious and healthy option for dinner. Easy Lamb Chops recipe in just 15 minutes!
If you often visit my site, you know that I love lamb chops by the amount of recipes I post such as Garlic Herb Lamb Chops Recipe, Grilled Lamb Chops with Chimichurri Sauce and Lamb Chops with Creamy Mustard Sauce.
So, today I’m so excited to share another recipe with you, because I’m sure you’ll love making it for dinner over and over again.
These lamp chops are super juicy, flavourful and tender thanks to the garlic butter thyme sauce. Wow guys I’m telling you, this sauce is to die for and it’s so simple to make.
All these recipes are delicious thanks to the garlic butter sauce. It makes any meat melt-in-your-mouth. Trust me when I say this!
In only 5 minutes, you’ll prep everything, and in 10-12 minutes you will sear the lam chops in a cast iron skillet, and they’ll be done and ready to eat. And the butter sauce is super easy to make as well. Once you melt the butter in the skillet, simply add the minced garlic and chopped thyme, and give it a good stir. Done! Then, you just need to pour this sauce over the lamb chops, and enjoy!
Ingredients to make this delicious lamb recipe:
For this super easy and flavourful recipe you’ll need:
- Good quality butter (if possible organic or grass-fed or ghee)
- Fresh thyme
- Salt and ground black pepper
- Lamb chops
What is the internal temperature for this Lamp Chops recipe?
For me, it tastes best once it’s cook to medium, which means the internal temperature is 145ºF. Measure it by inserting a meat thermometer into the thickest part of the meat.
If you prefer rare, the ideal temperature is 130˚F. For medium rare is 135˚F, for medium well is 160˚F and for well done the ideal temperature is 165˚F.
Perfect side dish to serve with:
- Garlic Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower
- Roasted Butternut Squash Mash
- Easy Roasted Acorn Squash Recipe
- Super Easy Broccoli Kale Slaw Salad
- Garlic Parmesan Roasted Brussel Sprouts
- Easy Creamy Mashed Potatoes
- Garlic Parmesan Cauliflower Rice Recipe
- Easy Mediterranean Salad Recipe
Garlic Butter Lamb Chops
- Remove loin chops from the fridge 20-30 minutes before cooking.
- Place them on a paper towel-lined cutting board and pat them dry with paper towels. Season well with salt and pepper.
- Heat a dry 12-inch cast iron skillet* over a medium high heat. In the skillet, place the chops narrow fat side down. You probably will need to use tongs to keep them balanced and to press the chops down so that the fat renders and turns crisp and brown. It’s about 5 minutes.
- Once the fat has melted into the pan, lay the chops flat on one of their sides. Cook for another 3 minutes, until browned, then turn and cook on the other side.
- Turn the heat to medium-low. Using a spoon, pour off most of the lamb fat and then add 2 tablespoons off butter (or ghee), garlic and thyme.
- Stir well until the butter is foaming, and spoon the butter over the lamb for a minute or so. Place lamp chops in a serving dish and pour butter sauce on top. Enjoy!
Nutrition InformationAmount per serving (1/3) — Calories: 265, Fat: 20g, Saturated Fat: 11g, Cholesterol: 87mg, Sodium: 1062mg, Potassium: 24mg, Carbohydrates: 3g, Protein: 20g
If you make this recipe, please don't forget to snap a photo and hashtag it #primaverakitchen. I really want to see!