Get this easy to follow Maple-Mustard Salmon healthy recipe today. All you need is only 4 ingredients to make this sweet and tangy flavourful dish.
Everyone that knows me really well, knows how much I love fish and especially salmon. On my blog, you can find SO many salmon recipes like my Easy Salmon Salad Recipe, Easy Chopped Salmon Salad, Salmon Chopped Salad Recipe, and 35 Easy Salmon Recipes You Need To Make For Dinner. This is definitely my favourite fish!
To be really honest with you guys I am not a huge fan of red meat. I almost don’t cook it, although sometimes I make some dishes like this beef stew because my husband asks me to make it. He loves fish as well (Thank God!!!), but sometimes he wants to have something different. But for me I could eat fish (salmon and tuna) every day and I would be a happy girl 😉 Ah, I can’t forget the eggs too. I told you about my love for eggs when I posted my Deviled Eggs recipe, right? In fact, there was a period in my life that I only ate fish and eggs, but since I came to Canada I decided to eat turkey and occasionally red meat.
As I said we eat salmon very often. However, I’ve never made salmon with different ingredients besides olive oil and a few spices. This is one of the reasons why I love to cook salmon, because you don’t need to make a very complicated salmon recipe to make it tastes great. This is the first time I made salmon with maple and mustard, even though this is a pretty popular recipe.
Subscribe for new recipes & a free e-cookbook
I love the combination of the Dijon mustard and maple syrup because of the sweet and tangy flavour of these two ingredients. This recipe is also very easy to make. All you need to do is whisk the mustard with the maple syrup and pour it over the salmon. I would suggest serving this with a side of rice or quick quinoa salad and/or roasted green beans and your dinner will be divine 😉 Want to try another easy dinner recipe? Try my Garlic Shrimp Spaghetti Recipe.
- 2 tbsp dijon mustard whole-grain
- 1 tbsp yellow mustard
- 1 tbsp maple
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 6 slices of lemon for garnishing
- 1 tbsp chives chopped for garnishing
- Preheat oven to 440 F degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, whisk together Dijon mustard, yellow mustard, maple syrup, salt and pepper.
- Pour over salmon.
- Bake for about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Garnish with lemon and chives.
- It’s important to pay dry the salmon so it browns nicely instead of steaming in the oven.
- Do not over bake the salmon as it'll become dry! Salmon is done when it gets at the minimum internal temperature of 145˚F. Use a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature.
- I recommend getting wild-caught salmon over farmed salmon.
- To store: Store leftover maple-mustard salmon in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
- To reheat: You can reheat salmon in the microwave.
- To freeze: Freeze in a freezer-safe bag once the salmon fillets have reached room temperature. Freeze for up to 4 months.
Nutrition information is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate.
Want to browse all of my healthy recipe posts? Follow my Primavera Kitchen Board on Pinterest!!! I also have lots of Pinterest Boards such as Healthy Dinner and Fish and Seafood recipes to take a look!
If you like this Maple-Mustard Salmon recipe, please share with your friends and family. Do you wanna taste more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow Primavera Kitchen on Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook for all delicious recipes updates.
More Salmon Recipes!
Leave a Comment