This Autumn Beet Orange Salad is flavorful, healthy, effortless and it’s tossed with a tangy orange mustard vinaigrette.
Although it’s already autumn in the northern hemisphere, here in Toronto, it still doesn’t feel like fall at all. We are having pretty high temperatures for this time of the year. Right now it’s 59F (15C) and I’m wearing only a jeans jacket. I feel totally fine and actually sometimes I even feel hot if I’m walking under the sun. Weird!!! Nobody understands what is going on with the weather this year, but I can’t complain. I love it and I’m still craving my salads.
And that’s why I’m sharing this incredible delicious Autumn Beet Orange Salad with you today. This salad is amazing because of all the goodies we have in there – fresh orange pieces, boiled beets, red onions and arugula.
But to be honest with you the vinaigrette is the star of this recipe. This is made with fresh squeeze orange juice, mustard and olive oil. It’s sweet and lightly tart. AWESOME! Then, I added some chopped toasted pistachio for even more flavor and some crunchy to this bright and citrusy salad!
This is definitely a salad that you want to try this fall, either as a side dish with something like my Easy Dijon Chicken Thighs Recipe or a large bowl as your main meal. Not only because of the orange mustard vinaigrette, but also because of the beets. They are so good for you. Beets are full of folic acid, fibre, proteins and antioxidants. Wow… Amazing! And they taste sweet and delicious too.
Subscribe for new recipes & a free e-cookbook
So, every time I can, I add some beets in my dishes cause they are AWESOME! You should definitely try my Easy Beet Sweet Potato Soup Recipe, Slow Cooker Beet Chili Recipe, and Gluten-free Chocolate Beet Cake if you’ve got extra beets.
Love this Autumn Beet Orange Salad recipe? Let’s try to make it!
For the salad:
- 2 big red beets peeled and cut in cubes
- 1 medium orange peeled and cut in cubes
- 1/2 small red onion sliced
- 5 cups green leaves arugula, spinach and so on
- 1/4 cup chopped pistachios
- In a small pot bring water to a boil and add the beets. Cook for about 5-8 minutes or until the beets are tender. Set aside.
- In a large salad bowl, add all the ingredients for the salad and the cooked beets.
- In a mason jar, pour the orange juice, lemon juice, olive oil and Dijon mustard. Add salt and pepper and whisk everything together. Continue to whisk while streaming in the olive oil. Taste to check the seasoning.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss well. Enjoy!
- Use any oranges you’d like or even mandarins.
- You can roast the beets, boil them, or buy them pre-cooked! Pre-cooked beets will save you time.
- Use gloves to keep your hands from staining when peeling and slicing beets.
- To store: If you'd like to save some for later, do not dress all the salad. The undressed salad will keep in the fridge for 2 to 3 days. The dressing can be stored separately in the fridge for up to a week.
Nutrition information is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate.
And if you like this Autumn Beet Orange Salad recipe, please share with your friends and family. Do you wanna taste more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow Primavera Kitchen on Twitter, Pinterest, Google +, Instagram and Facebook for all delicious recipes updates. As always, you are really appreciated for stopping by.