If you are sick of the same type of dessert you will love this Gluten-free Chocolate Beet Cake. It’s made with homemade beet puree, almond flour, coconut flour and melted dark chocolate on top.
I’m going to start this post saying that although this cake is made with beet puree, it is insanely delicious and doesn’t taste like beets at all. I guarantee that when you eat a piece of this delicious Gluten-free Chocolate Beet Cake you won’t think about beets, but about chocolate. But you will use beet puree in this cake just to get all the great healthy benefits from this awesome root such as foliate, vitamin C and B Vitamins. I love using beets in my recipes like my Easy Beet Sweet Potato Soup Recipe, Slow Cooker Beet Chili Recipe, and Autumn Beet Orange Salad Recipe because they’re such a healthy and delicious ingredient!
When I made this recipe I never thought it would turn out this good. I can honest say that I’m pretty happy with the results. My husband tried it before knowing that this cake is made with beet. He told me that he has never imagined how good it could be adding beet. I swear this Gluten-free Chocolate Beet Cake is the best beet cake you can ever try. You should 100% make this cake, because it’s so worth it.
I talked about the benefits of adding beet in this cake, but this healthy treat has lots of antioxidants and protein that come from the cacao powder and the almond flour. As you can see, you have lots of amazing reasons to make this cake, don’t you think? On top of that this Gluten-free Chocolate Beet Cake has a soft and dense texture that makes this cake even more delicious. Enjoy!
Watch Below How To Make This Gluten-free Chocolate Beet Cake.
Gluten-free Chocolate Beet Cake
Wet ingredients for the cake
Dry ingredients for the cake
For the cake
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F and grease an 8x8 square cake pan with coconut oil. Then place a piece of parchment paper on the bottom of the cake pan, leaving an overhang on the sides to lift the cake out when it’s done. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl add all the wet ingredients and mix well until combined.
- In another medium bowl add all the dry ingredients and mix everything well.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir well.
- Transfer the batter to the greased pan and bake for about 30 minutes or until a toothpick is inserted in the center and comes out clean.
- While the cake is in the oven, make the chocolate frosting (recipe below).
- Let the cake cool in the pan before cutting into squares.
- Gently spoon chocolate frosting onto the top of the cake squares. Enjoy!
For the frosting
- In a heatproof bowl, add dark chocolate over simmering water.
- When the chocolate is starting to melt, add the almond milk and mix well until all is combined and smooth.
- Allow the chocolate frosting to cool before icing the cake.
If you make this recipe, follow @primaverakitchen on Instagram, snap a photo and hashtag it #primaverakitchen. I'd love to see what you're making!
And if you like this Gluten-free Chocolate Beet Cake recipe, please share with your friends and family. Do you wanna taste more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow Primavera Kitchen on Twitter, Pinterest, Google +, Instagram and Facebook for all delicious recipes updates. As always, you are really appreciated for stopping by.