Dijon Chicken Thighs are marinated and baked to get crispy, yet juicy meat. This recipe is the perfect chicken recipe for the busy weeknights! It only requires 4 ingredients. It only takes 5 minutes to prepare and it serves 4-5 people.
If you are looking for easy, hands-off meals like this one, please check out these other chicken thighs recipe: Chicken and Bell Peppers Skillet, Spicy Chicken with Cauliflower Rice, Easy Baked Chicken with Brussels Sprouts and Spicy Chicken with Sauteed Cabbage and Zucchini Bowls.
How to make dijon chicken thighs
- Chicken thighs – bone-in and skin-on
- Dijon mustard – see recipe notes for a homemade substitute
- Orange juice – either fresh squeezed or bottled
- Salt and pepper
It’s an ultra-easy way to make a unique sauce with ingredients you probably have on hand anyway. Ah, I can’t forget to say that although I made this recipe with chicken thighs, this orange dijon sauce can be used for any chicken parts you have in your fridge like chicken breast or legs.
- Marinate: Season the thighs with salt and pepper, then mix together the other ingredients and pour over the top. Cover and let sit for 15 minutes or in the refrigerator overnight.
- Bake: Place the chicken in an oven-safe skillet and discard the marinade. Baked until the skin is crispy and the meat is cooked all the way through.
- Baking in a pan – Prevent the chicken from sticking either by using a seasoned cast iron skillet or by adding some oil to the pan before the chicken. Use a neutral oil with a high smoke point like canola or avocado oil.
- Trim the meat – It’s a good idea to remove the fat from the underside of the thighs before marinating. Hold the fat away from the meat and cut in a scraping motion with a small, sharp knife.
- Dijon mustard substitute – Mix together 2 tablespoons each dry mustard and mayonnaise, 2 teaspoons each water and white wine vinegar, and a pinch of sugar.
- Storing and reheating – Keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Reheat in the microwave or in an oven at 300 degrees F until warmed through.
- Freezing – Store the cooked chicken in ziploc freezer bags and freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw in the refrigerator overnight before reheating.
Orange Dijon Chicken Thighs
Preheat the oven to 425º F.
In a small bowl, mix together the mustard, honey, and orange juice.
Place the chicken thighs in a medium bowl and season them with salt and pepper.
Pour the orange-mustard mixture over the chicken thighs. Wrap the chicken bowl with a silicone wrap (I like to use this reusable silicone strech lids) or a plastic wrap. Marinate at room temperature for 15 minutes*.
Place the chicken thighs into a cast iron skillet* and cover the skillet with aluminum foil. Bake for 25 minutes. Remove the aluminum foil and bake for more 20 minutes or until it gets the internal temperature of 165˚F.
Serve the chicken thighs with rice or roasted veggies.
Nutrition InformationAmount per serving (1/5) — Calories: 230, Fat: 14g, Saturated Fat: 4g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g, Monounsaturated Fat: 3g, Cholesterol: 70mg, Sodium: 596mg, Potassium: 297mg, Carbohydrates: 8g, Sugar: 7g, Protein: 17g
If you make this recipe, follow @primaverakitchen on Instagram, snap a photo and hashtag it #primaverakitchen. I'd love to see what you're making!
If you like this Orange Dijon Chicken Thighs recipe, please share with your friends and family. Do you want to taste more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow Primavera Kitchen on Twitter, Pinterest, Google+, Instagram, and Facebook for all delicious recipes updates. As always, I really appreciate you stopping by.