This creamy beet and sweet potato soup has a very pretty color and rich flavor. You will enjoy this delicious and healthy meal for lunch or dinner.
This Beet Sweet Potato Soup recipe is a winner because it is comforting, easy to make, looks beautiful and tastes great. It is a healthy choice for your lunch and dinner without sacrificing flavor. When I made this soup for the first time, I wasn’t sure if my husband was going to like it since he is not a huge fan of cream soups. But to my pleasant surprise, Pierre really enjoyed it and now I make it on a regular basis. Got extra beets? You have to try my Slow Cooker Beet Chili Recipe or my Autumn Beet Orange Salad Recipe for something lighter. It’s so comforting and easy to make.
At first, I didn’t think it would be that good, but what really makes this soup so delicious is the veggies themselves. If you love sweet potatoes and beets like me, you will fall in love with this recipe. Their flavors will really come out. I make the basic sweet potato soup with veggies stock and embellish it with spices like smoked paprika, garlic powder, and black pepper. It’s certainly sweet, spicy and flavorful soup. You will enjoy this healthy meal for your lunch or dinner.
Did you know beets can also go into desserts? Yeah! Try my Gluten-Free Chocolate Beet Cake, you won’t even notice the beets!
- In a large pot over high heat, add olive oil. When the pan and the oil are hot, turn the heat down to medium and add the onions. Cook until browned.
- Add the beets, sweet potatoes, and carrots along with 4 cups of vegetable broth.
- Bring it to a boil, cover and cook for about 30 minutes or until the vegetables are soft.
- Add the parsley (save a bit for a garnish), paprika, garlic powder, chili powder, salt, and pepper.
- Taste and add any extra seasonings, if necessary. Serve topped with fresh parsley
- You might want to wear gloves when peeling the beets as they'll stain your hands.
- Use low sodium vegetable broth and salt to taste.
- Cut the vegetables as evenly as possible so they all finish cooking at the same time.
- To store: Store leftover soup in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- To reheat: Reheat the soup in the microwave or on the stovetop until hot.
- To freeze: Freeze the soup for up to 3 months. Make sure you leave space when freezing as liquid expands as it freezes.
Nutrition information is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate.
Want to browse all of my healthy recipe posts? Follow my Primavera Kitchen Board on Pinterest!!! I also have great Pinterest Boards such as Healthy Dinner, Healthy Pasta Meal, Healthy Slow Cooker Meals and Soups and Stews. I hope you enjoy all the delicious and healthy recipes I have there!!
If you like this Beet Sweet Potato Soup recipe, please share with your friends and family. Do you want to taste more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow Primavera Kitchen on Twitter, Pinterest, Google+, Instagram, and Facebook for all delicious recipes updates. As always, I really appreciate you stopping by.
Taste more Soup from Primavera Kitchen!
This is a creamy, gluten free, low carb and high in fiber Carrot and Parsnip Soup!
This Pasta Soup with Sweet Potato and Peas is a filling dish loaded with fiber and it is a quick-and-easy go-to meal!
This Zucchini Summer Soup is very versatile because you can add any seasonal veggies and you will have a very flavorful meal!