This Grilled Chicken Chimichurri is definitely the easiest weeknight meal you can make. It’s fresh, flavourful, gluten-free, paleo and low-carb too.
I know many of you are already thinking about all the delicious recipes we can make with fall flavours such as this tasty pumpkin banana bread, but officially we’re still in summer. And since I loooove this season I’d like to enjoy every minute we still have left. So, why not to make one more grilled recipe before saying good bye to the hot weather?
It’s the first time I make this Chimichurri sauce and we loved it. My husband couldn’t get enough of it. He literally grabbed a spoon and was eating eat out of the food processor and he didn’t even wait for the chicken to be ready!! Believe me! He probably will complain with me because I am telling you guys this (Sorry baby, love you), but I had to tell you guys to convince you how delicious it was.
This sauce is not only delicious, but gluten-free, paleo and also low-carb. I love it because it is raw, which means you don’t need to cook it and it’s ready in 5 minutes. It goes really well over grilled chicken, beef and salmon. This is a very popular sauce in South American and because I am here why not to make it for you guys.
For this recipe you will need also garlic, parsley, oregano, white vinegar and olive oil. I know that the tradicional recipes calls for vegetable oil. However, I think it’s much flavourful with olive oil and this is the reason why I used it. There are so many versions of this recipe. I’ve seen this Chimichurri being made with additional flavorings such as paprika, red pepper flakes, cumin, thyme, lemon, a
Grilled Chicken Chimichurri Recipe
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 4 large garlic cloves
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp oregano — dried
- 1 cup fresh parsley — packed
- Dash of honey
- First add all the Chimichurri ingredients in a food processor or high speed blender and process on low. For about 3 minutes.
- In a medium bowl with lid add the chicken breasts and pour over half of Chimichurri sauce.
- Using a spatula mix everything well to coat the meat evenly.
- Cover with plastic film and refrigerate for one hour or overnight (It'll be even better if you marinate overnight).
- Preheat the grill on high. Place marinated chicken on the grill. Cook each side for about 15-20 minutes.
- Before serving drizzle with remaining Chimichurri sauce.
If you make this recipe, please don't forget to snap a photo and hashtag it #primaverakitchen. I really want to see!
I would love to see your version. And if you like this Grilled Chicken Chimichurri recipe, please share with your friends and family. Do you wanna taste more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow Primavera Kitchen on Twitter, Pinterest, Google +, Instagram and Facebook for all delicious recipes updates. As always, you are really appreciated for stopping by.
More Chicken Recipes!