I cannot express with words how much my family and I loved this Chimichurri Chicken Green Beans Skillet. It’s far from boring and this sauce is just heaven. Great dish for weeknight dinners!
If you have never made Chimichurri sauce you are missing something amazing. For me, Chimichurri sauce is the best type of sauce to serve with chicken, fish, shrimp and steak. My mouth is watering just thinking about it… I’m glad that it’s growing in popularity here in North American, since it’s already very popular in South America. In Argentina this is one of the most popular sauces for steak and I totally can see why!! So yummy! My husband loves it too. He normally pours spoons and spoons of it on top of his chicken… hahahahhah. I think this is enough to inspire you to make this Chimichurri Chicken Green Beans Skillet, right? 😉
This Chimichurri sauce is magical and you just need few and simple ingredients to make it such as parsley (you can use cilantro too), garlic, lemon juice, olive oil, red wine vinegar and salt and pepper. Easy! Than, you add all this ingredients in a food processor and process it for about 1-3 minutes. Let it rest for 20 minutes and it’s really to serve. If you don’t have a food processor you can make it by chopping all the ingredients in very small pieces. It will be delicious too. This Chimichurri sauce stays good in the fridge for about 2 to 3 days.
And what to say about chicken breasts? They are juicy, flavorful and easy to make. You’ll need only 4 minutes to cook each side and the paprika adds lots of flavour to this recipe. So, don’t skip this ingredient. You’re gonna thank me later 😉
Before you jump to the recipe I just want to say that the green beans complete this dish perfectly and it’s a great side dish to serve along with the chicken. This Chimichurri Chicken Green Beans Skillet should be added to your dinner rotation. It’s that good!
Do you want to try other chicken recipes?
- Grilled Chicken Avocado Salad
- Roasted Lemon Chicken Leg
- Creamy Parmesan Chicken Skillet
- Mediterranean Chicken Skillet
- Spicy Chicken Meal-Prep Bowls
- Sun-Dried Tomato, Spinach, and Cheese Stuffed Chicken
Chimichurri Chicken Green Beans Skillet
For the Green Beans
- 4 cups green beans ends chopped off
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves fine sliced
- Salt & black pepper to taste
For the Chimichurri Sauce
- 1 cup parsley you can also use cilantro instead
- ¼ cup red onion chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt or to taste
- ¼ teaspoon pepper or to taste
- 2 garlic cloves
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ⅓ cup + 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
For the Chicken
For the Green Beans
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Add green beans and allow boiling for 4-5 minutes.
- Drain green beans and set aside.
- In a skillet heat olive oil on medium heat.
- Add garlic and cook for 30 to 60 seconds. Add green beans and cook for 3-5 minutes.
- Season with salt & pepper. Set aside. While you are cooking the green beans, make the chimichurri sauce. See the instructions below.
For the Chimichurri
- Add all the Chimichurri ingredients in a food processor and process on low. For about 1-3 minutes. Let it rest for about 20 minutes.
For the Chicken
- Season chicken with salt, pepper and paprika.
- Place chicken on a greased skillet and cook over medium heat for 3-4 minutes on each side, or until the chicken is cooked though.
- Pour the Chimichurri sauce over it and bring the green beans back to the skillet. Enjoy!
This post contains affiliate links. For more information, please visit my disclosure page here.
And if you like this Chimichurri Chicken Green Beans Skillet recipe, please share with your friends and family. Do you want to taste more? Subscribe to my newsletterand follow Primavera Kitchen on Twitter, Pinterest, Google+, Instagram, and Facebookfor all delicious recipes updates. As always, I really appreciate you stopping by.