Chimichurri Shrimp Broccoli Skillet is another easy and quick one-pan meal for your busy weeknight dinner. It’s super flavorful because of the Chimichurri sauce and it’s ready in less than 15 minutes since broccoli and shrimp cook really fast.
Our favorite weeknight dinners are always the ones that are easy to make and also to clean up. We love have this Chimichurri Chicken Green Beans Skillet because it’s far from being a boring chicken recipe, this Mushroom Cauliflower “Rice” Skillet for Monday meatless meal or this Ground Beef Veggie Skillet, which is one of the easiest recipe on this blog. They are quick healthy recipes that I believe if you try one of them, it’ll ruin your excuse to eat out or order a pizza 😉
As you can see this blog is loaded with skillet recipes that are just beautiful homemade dinner meal and easy from prep to presentation, which is great for busy people like us (I bet you agree with me on this one ;-)) So, this Chimichurri Shrimp Broccoli Skillet is not an exception. It’s healthy, easy and quick, one-pan and more important it’s SO GOOD!
Tips to make this Chimichurri Shrimp Broccoli Skillet even more delicious:
- Don’t cook shrimp for more than 3 minutes each side, otherwise it may become very rubbery.
- If you use frozen shrimp, be sure to thaw, rinse, and pat them dry before cooking.
- I like to use fresh broccoli to make this Chimichurri Shrimp Broccoli Skillet recipe, but you can use frozen broccoli too. Again, be sure to thaw it with running lukewarm water, pat it dry before making this recipe.
- If you don’t have a good cast iron skillet I highly recommend you buy one. This is my favourite type of skillet because it’s so resistant, lasts forever, can sauté, sear, fry, bake and stir fry in other words you can make almost anything with this skillet. Yep! This is true! It’s also very good to heat retention and even cooking. I can’t be happier with mine. You can find lots of good skillet recipes at Amazon.
4 Reasons why you should make this Chimichurri Shrimp Broccoli Skillet:
- It’s made with Chimichurri sauce, which is a sauce that you can make ahead of time, store in your fridge for about 6 days and use on almost everything such as fish, chicken and meat.
- You’ll be able to have dinner on your table in less than 15 minutes. Broccoli and shrimp cook very fast and the Chimichurri sauce doesn’t even need to be cooked. You just add all the ingredients in a food processor, process for 1 minute and done.
- It’s Whole30, low-carb, paleo, gluten-free and delicious. As you can see this recipe pleases everybody, except for those who can’t/don’t eat seafood.
- And it’s one-pan meal, which means the clean up is a breeze.
You may like these other shrimp skillet recipes:
- Garlic Shrimp Asparagus Skillet
- Shrimp, Bell Pepper and Onions Skillet
- Sun-dried Tomato Pesto Shrimp Asparagus Skillet
- Shrimp Vegetable Skillet
- Sweet Potato, Kale and Shrimp Skillet
Got extra broccoli? Try making this Easy Broccoli Salad Recipe! It’s so good and is the perfect side dish!
Chimichurri Shrimp Broccoli Skillet
Ingredients for Chimichurri
- 1 cup parsley - you can also use cilantro instead
- ¼ cup red onion - chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt - or to taste
- ¼ teaspoon pepper - or to taste
- 2 garlic cloves - minced
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ⅓ cup + 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Add all the Chimichurri ingredients in a food processor and process on low. For about 1-3 minutes. Let it rest for about 15 minutes.
- In a bowl, add shrimp, salt and pepper. Mix everything well.
- Add garlic and sauté for 30 seconds. Add shrimp and sauté for about 4 minutes or until shrimp is cooked through. Be careful to not overcook them, otherwise they will have a rubbery texture. Set aside.
- In the same skillet add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and broccoli. Sauté for 5-7 minutes or until it’s tender. Stir occasionally.
- Return shrimp back to the skillet, pour the chimichurri sauce into the skillet and mix everything well to combine. Although you can have this recipe on its own, we also love to have this recipe with a side of Whole30 Mashed Cauliflower or this Cauliflower rice. Perfect combination! You should try it. Enjoy!
- If you love shrimp recipes, please click here to view the whole list of shrimp skillet recipes.
If you make this recipe, follow @primaverakitchen on Instagram, snap a photo and hashtag it #primaverakitchen. I'd love to see what you're making!
And if you like this Chimichurri Shrimp Broccoli Skillet recipe, please share with your friends and family. Do you want to taste more? Subscribe to my newsletterand follow Primavera Kitchen on Twitter, Pinterest, Google+, Instagram, and Facebookfor all delicious recipes updates. As always, I really appreciate you stopping by.