These Ground Turkey Sweet Potato Stuffed Peppers are filled with flavors and a delicious homemade tomato sauce. Perfect recipe for your busy dinner time.
Today, I’ve brought you a new recipe that I’m really excited to share with you because I’ve always been a fan of stuffed peppers. This Ground Turkey Sweet Potato Stuffed Peppers recipe is so versatile since you can stuff your peppers with lots of different ingredients such as rice, beans, veggies, and meat.
I chose to make my stuffed peppers only with sweet potatoes and ground turkey because those were the ingredients I had on hand. My husband and I went to Costco a few weeks ago and we bought about 4 pounds of ground turkey because I love it and the price was really good.
There is so much you can do with ground turkey that it’s a good idea to buy more than 2 pounds and keep some on hand. When I buy it, I always use a good lean ground turkey to make my meals will be healthier.
This ground turkey sweet potato stuffed peppers is something I love to make and freeze individually for lunch the next day.
It tastes really good the next day. I really recommend you make it ahead and keep in the freezer even if you are cooking only for yourself.
This Ground Turkey Sweet Potato Stuffed Peppers recipe takes only 30 minutes to be ready on your table. These bright peppers with their lively filling will really cheer you up! These brilliant red peppers are great to cook either in an oven or in the summer, over medium coals on a barbecue. The ground turkey and sweet potato work really well together and make a delicious filling that is satisfying and full of flavor.
Ground Turkey Sweet Potato Stuffed Peppers
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cup grass-fed ground turkey
- 2 cloves garlic — minced
- ½ cup onions, diced
- 1 2/3 cup sweet potato, diced
- ½ cup homemade tomato sauce
- Crushed red pepper to taste — optional
- Salt and pepper
- 2 big bell peppers cut in half
- Feta cheese — don't add cheese if you want to make this recipe paleo-friendly and fresh, chopped parsley.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add ground turkey and garlic. Stir occasionally and cook for about 10 minutes or until the meat is no longer pink. Make sure to break apart the meat with a wood spoon as it cooks.
- Add onions and cook until onions are golden brown.
- Add the sweet potato, cover the skillet and cook until they are tender. It takes about 8 minutes.
- Don’t forget to stir occasionally. Add tomato sauce, ground chili pepper, salt, and pepper to taste. If necessary, add more olive oil or a little bit of water to cook the sweet potato.
- Arrange the peppers in a greased baking dish. The cavity side is facing up.
- Fill each bell pepper halve with the ground turkey-sweet potato mix.
- Bake uncovered for about 30 minutes, or until the peppers are cooked and soft.
- Remove from the oven and garnish with feta and parsley.
Nutrition InformationAmount per serving (1/4) — Calories: 324, Fat: 13.9g, Saturated Fat: 4.4g, Cholesterol: 88mg, Sodium: 529mg, Carbohydrates: 25.6g, Fiber: 4.4g, Sugar: 10.7g, Protein: 26.3g
If you make this recipe, please don't forget to snap a photo and hashtag it #primaverakitchen. I really want to see!
If you like Ground Turkey Sweet Potato Stuffed Peppers recipe, please share with your friends and family. Do you want to taste more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow Primavera Kitchen on Twitter, Pinterest, Google+, Instagram, and Facebook for all delicious recipes updates. As always, I really appreciate you stopping by.
More Sweet Potato Recipes