This delicious, low-carb, and one-pan Ground Turkey Skillet with Green Beans Recipe is definitely an easy-to-make and tasty meal for your family dinner.
Today I’m sharing one more ground turkey recipe because as you may know I love ground turkey recipes. I make them all the time and especially when I want to make something healthy and simple. These are my favourites: Easy Ground Turkey Stuffed Peppers, Ground Turkey Sweet Potato Stuffed Peppers, Ground Turkey Sweet Potato Skillet, and Ground Turkey Pasta Soup.
This ground turkey skillet with green beans recipe is so simple to make that I even considered not posting because I was a little embarrassed at how easy it is. This Ground Turkey Recipe is SOOOO easy that even your 7-year-old kids can make it. I am not kidding at all! It’s even easier than my Ground Turkey White Bean Kale Soup.
Weather specialists say that this fall and winter will be warmer than last year, which excites me because last winter was REALLY cold. So, we enjoyed this nice long weekend at my parents-in-law’s cottage close to Montreal, and it was a much needed 3-day vacation.
I’ve been working a lot and to be honest I feel so tired. The time away allowed me to relax, sleep, eat good food, chat, and enjoy being with my niece and nephew.
I wish we lived closer to my in-laws because being around family is the best thing we can wish for. I only realized that when I moved to Canada while the rest of my family stayed in Brazil. Family is everything. Family is where you feel safe, strong and loved 😉
We also went to Pierre’s cousin’s wedding, which was so lovely and very emotional. The rest of the family was there, and we had lots of fun dancing and in the photo booth. My husband Pierre is really a party animal. He danced a lot, and all his aunts wanted to dance with him… Hahhahaha. He even danced with the kids. So funny! I wish he would allow me to post the videos I made of him dancing like crazy in this post. I didn’t even try to convince him because I knew he would say something like “Are you kidding me, right?!” Hahahha!
Back to the post. For this recipe, I used extra-lean ground turkey, green beans, and a delicious, flavourful homemade tomato sauce, which makes all the difference in this dish. This recipe is also really good to freeze for another day. Enjoy!
What is a good seasoning for ground turkey?
Seasoning ground turkey is very important to avoid making a dish without flavour. Luckily, ground turkey goes well with almost all spices and herbs.
My favourite spices to add to ground turkey recipes are: cumin, seasoned salt, Italian seasoning, paprika, chili powder, black pepper, garlic powder, red pepper flakes, and thyme. For this Ground Turkey skillet with green beans recipe, I used only salt, black pepper, and crushed red pepper because the tomato sauce has lots of flavour already. But you can add any spices you want to make this recipe great for your taste.
How do you know when ground turkey is cooked?
You should avoid cooking ground turkey too long because it may become very dry. You’ll know when the ground turkey is cooked thoroughly when it turns white with no pink color.
Can you use ground beef instead?
Absolutely! Just keep in mind that lean ground turkey per ounce is lower in calories and saturated fat than ground beef. But this recipe will be good with either ground turkey or ground beef.
What to serve with it:
What I love about this recipe is that you can eat it as a meal without a side dish, or you can have it along with:
- Garlic Cauliflower Rice: I think this is the perfect low-carb and gluten-free side dish to go with just about anything, such as chicken, salmon in foil, shrimp, and this ground turkey skillet with green beans recipe.
- Whole30 Mashed Cauliflower: This recipe has no dairy products, yet it’s delicious. I think it’s because of the homemade mayo and the delicious ghee I used.
- Cauliflower Potato Salad: This salad tastes as good as potato salad, but it has fewer carbs and is super flavourful.
More ground turkey recipes to try:
- Healthy Ground Turkey Recipe: It’s made with sweet potato and cheese.
- Ground Turkey Cabbage Skillet: This recipe is perfect for a quick dinner during the week because it takes less than 30 minutes to make!
- Ground Turkey Meatloaf: It’s a delicious healthy version of the traditional meatloaf.
- Ground Turkey Sweet Potato Lettuce Wraps: This ultra-easy meal is loaded with flavour. It’s low-carb and gluten-free.
- Healthy Ground Turkey Recipes: It’s a recipe roundup with lots of delicious ground turkey recipes for dinner.
- Ground Beef Zucchini Sweet Potato Skillet (Meal Prep)
Ground Turkey Skillet with Green Beans
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pound free-range extra-lean ground turkey
- 1 teaspoon garlic - minced
- ½ cup onions - diced
- ½ cup yellow bell pepper - diced
- 1½ cup green beans - chopped
- ¾ cup homemade tomato sauce or any other sauce of your preference
- Salt and ground fresh black pepper
- A pinch of crushed red pepper
- In a skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the ground turkey, and break it up until it's in small pieces.
- Once the turkey is almost cooked through, add the onion and garlic. Stir occasionally, and cook until the onions are golden brown.
- Add yellow peppers, green beans, and homemade tomato sauce.
- Cover the skillet, and cook until the vegetables are tender.
- Add salt, pepper, and crushed red pepper to taste.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
If you make this recipe, follow @primaverakitchen on Instagram, snap a photo and hashtag it #primaverakitchen. I'd love to see what you're making!
If you like this Ground Turkey Skillet with Green Beans recipe, please share it with your friends and family. Do you want to taste more? Subscribe to my newsletter, and follow Primavera Kitchen on Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, and Facebook for all delicious recipe updates. As always, I really appreciate you stopping by.
As a memory, I kept the original photo from 2015!