This Easy Ground Turkey Stuffed Peppers recipe is low-carb, gluten-free and super quick and easy to make! Enjoy!
I’ve been craving my Ground Turkey Sweet Potato Stuffed Peppers lately. Where I’m in Brazil, it isn’t very easy to find the type of sweet potato we have in North America. I decided for obvious reasons to mix things up and change my original recipe. This time, my stuffed peppers don’t have sweet potato, but instead, they have green beans and carrots, which were just veggies I have in my fridge.
I have to confess, these changes aren’t bad at all. Actually, it tastes really good and it’s faster to make! Green beans and carrots take less time to cook than the sweet potatoes. This time I also replaced the feta cheese for the parmesan because I think green beans go better with this cheese than with feta. Of course, if you want to make this recipe paleo friendly, you just need to omit the cheese. Don’t worry! These stuffed peppers will be flavorful even without the cheese.
This recipe is very easy to make. You just need to sauté the onions, garlic, and carrots for about 10 minutes and then add the ground turkey. Cook the meat until it is no longer pink and add the homemade tomato sauce, and green beans. Then, the mixture will be ready to stuff in the peppers. Finally, you will bake them for 30 minutes and dinner will be done. Easy and peasy!
Subscribe for new recipes & a free e-cookbook
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ cup onions diced
- ½ cup carrots diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 cups grass-fed ground turkey
- ½ cup homemade tomato sauce
- 1 cup green beans diced
- Salt and fresh ground black pepper
- 2 big bell peppers cut in half
- Parmesan don't add cheese if you want to make this recipe paleo-friendly
- Fresh parsley for garnishing
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add onions, carrots, and garlic. Cook until the onions are translucent and the carrots tender.
- Add the ground turkey and cook until the meat is not pink anymore. Make sure to break apart the meat with a wooden spoon as it cooks.
- Add homemade tomato sauce, green beans, salt, and pepper. Cook for more 3-5 minutes.
- Arrange the peppers in a greased baking dish, cavity side facing up.
- Fill each bell pepper halves with the ground turkey-green beans mix.
- Bake uncovered for about 30 minutes, or until the peppers are cooked and soft.
- Remove from the oven and garnish with parmesan and parsley.
Nutrition information is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate.
And if you like this Easy Ground Turkey Stuffed Peppers recipe, please share it with your friends and family. Do you want to taste more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow Primavera Kitchen on Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, and Facebook for all delicious recipe updates and find out right away when new recipes like my Asparagus Stuffed Chicken Breast is up. As always, I really appreciate you stopping by.
More Ground Turkey Recipes!