This fast, easy, and delicious Asparagus Stuffed Chicken Breast recipe is a perfect meal for a weeknight dinner. And, it only requires 4 major ingredients!
We all know that chicken breast (boneless and skinless) can sometimes be very boring. But, when you stuff them with your favorite ingredients, they can really elevate the flavour of your chicken. I love to make stuffed chicken breasts because you can stuff the chicken with just about anything. The options are endless. The last time I made stuffed chicken, I used spinach, feta cheese, and black olives as a filling, and it was very tasty.
For this recipe, you only need asparagus, mozzarella cheese, lemon zest, and a few spices to make this insanely good asparagus stuffed chicken breast. This recipe is easier than it looks. And, it takes no time at all to create it, other than a quick sear in a skillet to make the chicken even more flavourful and get a good crust on the outside.
Why I love this Asparagus Stuffed Chicken Breast Recipe:
I’m sure you won’t be disappointed if you try this recipe. I love it, and here are the reasons why:
- Not your everyday chicken dish because it’s super-flavourful! It’s stuffed with asparagus and fresh mozzarella cheese, and the chicken is seasoned with paprika, garlic powder, and salt and pepper.
- This dish is easy to make, but at the same time, it looks so pretty that it will impress your family and friends.
- It has a really fresh flavour and is great on its own or goes really well with mashed cauliflower, cauliflower rice, or even roasted veggies.
- You’ll make an elegant meal with simple and easy-to-find ingredients. In fact, it’s possible that you already have all the ingredients to make it.
After you stuff the chicken, it is important to dust the exterior of the chicken breasts with seasonings such paprika, garlic powder, and salt and pepper for extra flavor. Mm… Delicious! I like to serve this with a salad on the side, fluffy rice, or quinoa. So, it’s time to impress your family at dinnertime with asparagus stuffed chicken breast! You won’t believe how simple and delicious these are!
Looking for more Stuffed Chicken Breast recipes? Try these too:
- Sun-Dried Tomato, Spinach, and Cheese Stuffed Chicken: Try this recipe, and you’ll never say again that chicken breast recipes are boring. This recipe is delicious because it’s stuffed with sun-dried tomatoes in oil, spinach, and mozzarella cheese.
- Spicy Chicken Meal-Prep Bowls: Plan ahead for the week with these whole30, paleo-friendly, gluten-free, and low-carb Spicy Chicken Meal-Prep Bowls packed with spicy chicken, roasted green beans, broccoli, and mashed cauliflower.
- Low-carb Chicken Zucchini Enchilada: This recipe is made with “zucchini tortillas” and is loaded with enchilada sauce, chicken, and cheese. It’s also gluten-free and very flavourful!
More Chicken Breast Recipes to Try:
- Garlic Butter Baked Chicken Breast
- Rosemary Lemon Roasted Chicken Breasts
- Paleo Lemon Roasted Breast Chicken
- Spicy Chicken Meal-Prep Bowls
- Chicken Fajita Meal-Prep Bowls
- Asparagus Sweet Potato Chicken Skillet
- Chimichurri Chicken Green Beans Skillet
Asparagus Stuffed Chicken Breast
Preheat oven to 425ºF.
Cut the chicken breasts in half, lengthwise. Create a pocket in each chicken breast, but do not cut all the way through.
Season the inside of the chicken breasts with lemon zest, salt, and pepper.
Place the chicken on your work surface, lay the mozzarella cheese and 3 asparagus pieces inside each chicken breast, and fold over, enclosing the filling.
In a small bowl, mix together the salt, pepper, garlic powder, and paprika. Then, season the outside of the chicken breasts with this spice mixture.
Heat a large, oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat. Add the olive oil.
Sear the chicken for 3-5 minutes per side, until it is golden brown.
Place the chicken in the oven.
Bake for 20 minutes until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165ºF.
Nutrition InformationAmount per serving (1/4) — Calories: 348, Fat: 17g, Saturated Fat: 5.4g, Cholesterol: 121mg, Sodium: 238mg, Carbohydrates: 3.8g, Fiber: 1.4g, Sugar: 1.2g, Protein: 43.8g
If you make this recipe, follow @primaverakitchen on Instagram, snap a photo and hashtag it #primaverakitchen. I'd love to see what you're making!
If you like this Asparagus Stuffed Chicken Breast recipe, please share it with your friends and family. Do you want to taste more? Subscribe to my newsletter, and follow Primavera Kitchen on Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, and Facebook for all delicious recipe updates. As always, I really appreciate you stopping by.