This Italian Sausage Stuffed Butternut Squash recipe is the ultimate comfort food and it’s a complete meal with lots of veggies and protein. It’s also low-carb, gluten-free and paleo-friendly!
I have to confess that these two days without Pierre’s help were tough, but I believe I managed well, especially because Thomas is such an easygoing baby. I could cook, work a bit on my blog and take care of him (play, give food, bath, put to bed), but it isn’t easy and you have to be very organize and determinate to do all this. Ah…. And I can’t forget to say that you need a very good night sleep 😉 Just another thing you need in order to have a very productive day is to have a great meal that fills you with good nutrients and energy.
Italian Sausage Stuffed Butternut Squash
- 2 butternut squash
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 8 ounces italian pork sausage
- 1 cups onion — diced
- 1 cups Yellow Bell Pepper — diced
- 1 cups broccoli — cut very small piece
- 1/2 cup green olives — green stuffed olives
- 1/8 teaspoon chili powder — ground chili pepper
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Parmesan cheese for garnishing
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Cut in half the squash lengthwise and remove seeds.
- Season the cut sides with 1 tablespoon olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Place the halved squash on a baking sheet, flesh side down.
- Bake for 35-40 mins or until is tender.
- Keep the oven on.
- In a skillet brown the sausage over medium-high heat, about 6 to 8 minutes.
- Add the bell pepper, broccoli, green olives, ground chili pepper, salt and pepper. Cook for about 3-5 minutes.
- Divide the stuffing sausage mixture between the baked squash halves, and top with the cheese.
- Place the filled squash on a baking sheet and place in the preheated oven.
- Bake until the squash are heated through and the cheese melts.
If you make this recipe, please don't forget to snap a photo and hashtag it #primaverakitchen. I really want to see!
And if you like this Italian Sausage Stuffed Butternut Squash recipe, please share with your friends and family. Do you wanna taste more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow Primavera Kitchen on Twitter, Pinterest, Google +, Instagram and Facebook for all delicious recipes updates. As always, you are really appreciated for stopping by.
More recipes for you!