The Kale Sneak in Meatballs recipe is great to have healthier nutrients in your meal. You also can eat them on their own or with spaghetti and tomato sauce.
These meatballs are delicious and filled with kale. You also can eat them on their own or with spaghetti and a delicious tomato sauce. If you are like me, you will probably love to have your greens in your meatballs because they add lots of flavors and of course, more nutrients to your recipe. Whenever you’re able to add a bit of nutritional to a meal, why not take advantage of it, right?
Every time I make something with ground meat like meatloaf, hamburgers, and meatballs I always try to sneak veggies into the mix. But, I really like to add some green like kale, spinach, and collard because they don’t change the flavor of your food, which is very important. You can use all these three different types of greens or you can choose only one. It is really up to you. I already made this recipe with kale and spinach, but this time I only used kale and it worked really well too. I also use ground turkey over beef for moister meatballs.
Kale Sneak in Meatballs
- 1 pound extra-lean ground turkey
- 1 cup onion — chopped
- 1 cup kale — chopped
- 1/2 cup parsley — chopped
- 3/4 cup gluten-free breadcrumbs
- 2 organic eggs beaten
- 1/2 tbsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tbsp chili pepper powder
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400°F degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine extra-lean ground turkey, onion, kale, parsley, and gluten-free breadcrumbs. Mix carefully.
- In a medium bowl, beat eggs. Add all of the rest of the ingredients. Mix well.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the meat mixture bowl.
- Use your hands to mix everything together and roll the mixture into meatballs.
- Put the grill on the baking sheet and place the meatballs.
- Spray oil cooking on the top of the meatballs or brush some olive oil.
- Bake for approximately 25-30 minutes or until they are evenly brown.
- When they have finished baking, you can serve with a delicious tomato sauce and whole wheat spaghetti.
Nutrition InformationAmount per serving (1/4) — Calories: 199, Fat: 4g, Saturated Fat: 1g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g, Monounsaturated Fat: 1g, Cholesterol: 131mg, Sodium: 124mg, Potassium: 262mg, Carbohydrates: 13g, Fiber: 2g, Sugar: 3g, Protein: 29g, Vitamin A: 68%, Vitamin C: 71%, Calcium: 7%, Iron: 12%
If you make this recipe, please don't forget to snap a photo and hashtag it #primaverakitchen. I really want to see!
So, I hope you enjoy this Kale Sneak in Meatballs recipe and try to make some in your own kitchen today. If you like this recipe, please share with your friends and family. Do you want to taste more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow Primavera Kitchen on Twitter, Pinterest, Google+, Instagram, and Facebook for all delicious recipes updates. As always, I really appreciate you stopping by.
One more great meatballs recipe
Why not add a few vegetables to go with the meat? – Spicy Turkey Meatballs with Veggies