Subscribe to receive new recipes!
Taste more! Sign up and you'll be getting to your inbox brand new content weekly such as recipes, cooking tips, videos and my FREE E-COOKBOOK.
This fresh, summery and simple asparagus couscous salad is tossed with asparagus, whole wheat couscous, red onions, kalamata olives and homemade vinaigrette. This is definitely a tasty and vibrant summer meal.
I hope that you had an awesome weekend and are ready for a super delicious, easy lunch salad! Today I’m sharing this asparagus couscous salad recipe that’s been my first choice lunch when I don’t have much time or when I just don’t feel like spending lots of time in the kitchen cooking. Why is this asparagus couscous recipe my go-to salad? It is only because couscous is really the fastest ingredient to cook. In 5 minutes you have your couscous fluffy and delicious. You will need only a heatproof bowl, pour 1 cup boiling water over the couscous, cover and let sit for 5 minutes, uncover, fluff with a fork, and it is done!!
While you are waiting for your couscous to be ready, you sauté the asparagus in a skillet. What I mean is: you won’t waste your time in the kitchen. Instead you will have more time to be with your loved ones outside because it’s time to enjoy the sunny and warm days of summer! Yes, I know… nothing better than to be outside in a beautiful summer day eating a healthy and fresh salad like this one.
This salad is totally vegan, made with whole wheat couscous for more fiber, flavorful kalamata olives, red onions and homemade vinaigrette. I really suggest you to make your vinaigrette because it tastes much better than the store bought dressings and you can avoid the high sodium and preservatives that come in the bottled options. This asparagus couscous salad is light, fluffy and very tasty. Top it with some feta cheese if you prefer. This time I omitted it cause I am trying to eat last dairy these days. So, hope you love it!
- 1 cup (250ml) whole wheat couscous
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup (94g) asparagus, (the spears should be cut at a diagonal in 1 and 2 inch pieces)
- ½ cup red onions, diced
- ¼ cup kalamata olives, diced
- ¼ cup homemade vinaigrette
- In a medium heatproof bowl, pour 1 cup boiling water over the couscous.
- Cover and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Uncover, fluff with a fork, and set aside to let cool for 5 minutes more.
- In a medium-sized skillet, heat olive oil over medium high heat.
- Add garlic and cook for about 30 seconds.
- Add asparagus. Cook and stir about 4 minutes or until tender-crisp.
- In the same bowl used to cook the couscous, add asparagus and all the remain ingredients. Stir really well along with the homemade vinaigrette. Taste and adjust the seasoning if you think it is necessary. Serve immediately.
Please, if you recreate this recipe, please take a picture and tag @primaverakitchen and #primaverakitchen on Instagram! I would love to see your version. Thanks a lot.
If you like Pressure Cooker Sausage and Beans recipe, please share with your friends and family. Do you wanna taste more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow Primavera Kitchen on Twitter, Pinterest, Google +, Instagram and Facebook for all delicious recipes updates. As always, you are really appreciated for stopping by.
More Recipes with Asparagus