This zucchini couscous salad is a delicious salad that tastes even better as a leftover. It is made with whole wheat couscous and grilled zucchini.
Today, I’m sharing with you a super quick and easy Zucchini Couscous Salad recipe. Who doesn’t like easy and flavorful recipes??! For me, the best dishes are the ones I don’t need to spend hours cooking. Many people think that the more complicated the recipe is, the tastier it will be. But, I follow the theory that the simpler the dish, the tastier and healthier it will be. What really makes your dish flavorful is the quality of your ingredients. If you cook with fresh and seasonal ingredients, your Zucchini Couscous Salad will be delicious! No doubt about it!
That’s why I love to make salads. Using the greatest ingredients and spending few minutes to prepare them, you end up with a gorgeous and healthy meal for all members of your family even the ones who are very picky.
Like pasta salad or quinoa salad, couscous salad is a big hit in my home. My husband and I love it so much. I always make my salad with whole wheat couscous to make it healthier and I added just everything I had in my fridge. Couscous goes really well with pretty much everything. This zucchini couscous salad is a delicious salad that tastes even better as a leftover.
Zucchini Couscous Salad
- In a medium heatproof bowl, pour 1 cup boiling water over the couscous.
- Cover and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Uncover, fluff with a fork, and set aside to let cool for 5 minutes more.
- Heat a gas grill to medium-high. In a medium bowl, gently toss the zucchini with 1 tbs olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Set the zucchini down on the grill and cook, flipping occasionally, until it is browned and softened but not mushy, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- In the same dish used to cook the couscous, add zucchini and all the remain ingredients. Stir really well along with the homemade vinaigrette.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning if you think it is necessary. Serve immediately.
Nutrition InformationAmount per serving (1/4) — Calories: 220, Fat: 16g, Saturated Fat: 3g, Monounsaturated Fat: 3g, Cholesterol: 8mg, Sodium: 392mg, Potassium: 184mg, Carbohydrates: 16g, Fiber: 2g, Sugar: 4g, Protein: 4g, Vitamin A: 12%, Vitamin C: 6%, Calcium: 5%, Iron: 2%
If you make this recipe, please don't forget to snap a photo and hashtag it #primaverakitchen. I really want to see!
If you like this recipe, please share with your friends and family. Do you want to taste more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow Primavera Kitchen on Twitter, Pinterest, Google+, Instagram, and Facebook for all delicious recipes updates. As always, I really appreciate you stopping by.
More Salads recipes for you
This is an easy tutorial that teaches you how to make delicious and healthy Homemade Vinaigrette.
How about making this healthy and delicious Mediterranean Quinoa Salad for lunch?!
This Chopped Salad with Tayberries is very summery!
This Tabbouleh salad is impossible to resist!