This Rice with Mushroom and Asparagus recipe makes a perfect summer side dish for you and your family! It’s a quick and easy rice recipe that uses veggies, and fresh parsley and feta for garnishing.
Hey, guys! How are you?
First, I would like to start this post with an apology. These past days I wasn’t here a lot. The last time I posted a recipe was Tuesday when I shared with you my favorite beans with sausage recipe. If you keep up with my blog, you may know my family was here for three weeks. I just wanted to spend all my time with them. They live in Brazil and we don’t see each other as much as I wish. They left Canada today and I am a little sad. I already miss them a lot! It is so good to have everybody you love beside you. I just feel happier when we are all together. Family is the best thing we have in life. But I am lucky that my in-laws are from Canada and I get the chance to visit them often too.Food always helps cheer me up when I am sad, especially recipes that remind me of my childhood. As I already said a thousand times on this blog, Brazilians love rice and as a good Brazilian girl, I am a huge fan of this yummy grain. So once more, I switched things up by adding mushrooms and asparagus to my traditional rice recipe like I did with my Leek Kalamata Rice and it was delicious.
I love this recipe because it comes together in less than 15 minutes and doesn’t require any complicated steps. Sounds pretty good to me! This recipe makes a perfect summer side dish for you and your family! It’s a quick and easy rice recipe that uses veggies, and fresh parsley and feta for garnishing. This simple dish has all your sides covered and pairs really well with beans made in a pressure cooker, some type of meat like rosemary and lemon roasted chicken breasts, roasted lemon chicken legs, or my foil baked salmon recipe. One last thing, you can read through my instructions on how to make fluffy rice if you want a quick refresher on how to cook your rice. I hope you enjoy this recipe and get inspired to give it a try.
Rice with Mushroom and Asparagus
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves — minced
- 2 cups mushroom, diced
- 1 cup asparagus (the spears should be cut at a diagonal in 1- and 2-inch pieces)
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 tsp fresh parsley — chopped
- 2 tbsp feta cheese — don't add cheese if you want to make it paleo-friendly
- In a medium-sized skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add garlic and cook for about 30 seconds.
- Add mushrooms. Cook and stir for about 5 minutes or until lightly browned and tender. Don’t cover the skillet or you will steam the mushrooms instead of sauté them.
- Add asparagus. Cook and stir about 3 to 4 minutes or until tender-crisp.
- Add the rice, salt, and pepper. Stir to coat the rice with the mushroom and asparagus.
- Cook for about 2-3 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and feta cheese before serving. Enjoy!
If you make this recipe, please don't forget to snap a photo and hashtag it #primaverakitchen. I really want to see!
If you like Pressure Cooker Sausage and Beans recipe, please share with your friends and family. Do you want to taste more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow Primavera Kitchen on Twitter, Pinterest, Google+, Instagram, and Facebook for all delicious recipes updates. As always, I really appreciate you stopping by.
More Rice Recipes!