This Easy Kale Breakfast Salad has all the things that we love eating in the morning (eggs, sausage, bacon) but without the bread. The queen of this dish is kale and all the ingredients combine so well that you won’t miss the bread.
Do you guys eat breakfast every morning? I certainly do! It’s really not an option for me to skip breakfast because it’s one of my favourite meals of the day. I believe I can’t function properly if I don’t have anything healthy to eat first thing in the morning.
But sometimes I get bored of eating the same type of breakfast everyday like scramble egg, oatmeal, waffles and smoothie. Not that I don’t love all of these delicious foods, but once in a while I just few like having something different for breakfast and that’s why I created this Easy Kale Breakfast Salad Recipe.
This Easy Kale Breakfast Salad has everything you need to start your day in a healthy way. It’s loaded with protein, vitamins and nutrients that will help to keep your energy up throughout the day. Here you’ll find good sauce of protein from the eggs, bacon and breakfast sausage (this sausage is sugar-free and nitrate free) and vitamins and nutrients from the delicious kale.
And of course we skip the bread because we don’t need the bad white carbs in our diet, right? Kale is the star of this dish. Do you know why? Here are few reasons why:
- One cup of kale has about 3 grams of protein. It’s good for vegetarian diet.
- Also one cup of cake has 2.5 grams of fiber.
- It’s loaded with vitamins A, C, and K.
- As well as Folate and B vitamin that helps your brain development.
- On top of that, it contains potassium, calcium and zinc.
This recipe is super easy to make and below I’ll share some tips to boil the best eggs ever and how to massage kale leaves, so this way you will enjoy eating raw kale much more.
How do I make the best hard boiled eggs?
So, if you are one of those people that prefer your eggs hard boiled, follow these simple steps to make the perfect hard-boiled eggs in your kale breakfast salad.
- Place the eggs in a pot and cover them with cold water.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Cover the pot and remove from the heat.
- Set aside for about 10 minutes. Drain, cool in ice water and peel.
How long do you boil for soft eggs?
If you are like me and LOVE soft boiled eggs, here is the instructions for you to follow and make them.
- Place the eggs in a pot and cover them with water.
- Bring water to a boil.
- Cover the pot and again remove the pot from the heat and set aside.
- If you like a runny yolk, five minutes is the perfect time for you. But if you like firmly set yolk, seven minutes is the time you need to wait.
- Then, drain, cool in ice water and peel. Enjoy!
How to massage kale for a salad:
Some people don’t like to eat raw kale because they say it’s a bit rough and I agree with them. But when you massage kale leaves, it helps to break down the tough cell structure, giving this green a softer texture and a gentler flavour. So, how do I message Kale leaves? Super simple and here are the steps:
- In a large bowl, add the kale leaves and a drizzle of olive oil. If you prefer you can even add a little bit of salt and lemon juice or replace the olive oil or mashed avocado.
- Using your hands (don’t forget to wash your hands first), massage kale for about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Set aside while you make the dressing. Once it is ready pour over the kale leaves and toss well.
Hope you give this salad a try and enjoy!
Easy Kale Breakfast Salad Recipe
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 ½ tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey — omit it for low-carb and Whole30 diet
- salt and pepper
- Add all the salad ingredients (except the eggs) in a large bowl and mix well to combine.
- In a mason jar, add all the dressing ingredients and shake well to combine.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss with well.
- Top the salad with eggs and flake red pepper. Enjoy
If you make this recipe, please don't forget to snap a photo and hashtag it #primaverakitchen. I really want to see!