This Baked Eggs with Veggies recipe is low carb and gluten free, loaded with veggies such as turnip, sweet potato and zucchini and homemade tomato sauce.
How are you doing? I am very excited meeting friends and waiting for my nephew to be born here in Brazil. Meaning while I am enjoying spending time with my sister and doing things together since when he arrives we will have time only for him 😉
Here in Brazil we don’t celebrate Thanksgiving. So, in the middle of November we already start to decorate the house for Christmas. Yes, I know it may seem very early, but that’s the way we do in northeastern Brazil. Last weekend we went to the shopping mall and bought some Christmas decorations and ornaments for our tree. In Brazil we don’t use a really tree a lot. It is very rare to find one and for this reason we have a fake one. Of course I prefer the smell of a real pine tree, but I am pretty happy with my fake tree too. Believe or not, we already had so much fun preparing it and now it is all done.
Today I am sharing with you a delicious and easy gluten free Baked Eggs with Veggies dish. This baked eggs with veggies is one of my favorite baked dishes because you can add any vegetables you want or have on hand. If you don’t have one of the ingredients, you can add another one like broccoli, carrots or even eggplant. I also used turnips in the recipe because they are a great potato substitute. Turnips contain fewer calories per serving than potatoes and also they provide a good source of vitamin C. This dish is delicious because of the eggs. I just added three eggs to this dish, but you can put as much as you want. It is up to you.
Thanks a lot for reading. Want to browse all of my healthy recipe posts? Follow my Primavera Kitchen Board on Pinterest!!! I also have an awesome Healthy Fall Recipes and Side Dishes for Thanksgiving Pinterest Boards.
Baked Eggs with Veggies
This Baked Eggs with Veggies is low carb and gluten free recipe loaded with veggies and homemade tomato sauce.
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup red onions, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 ½ cup sweet potato, diced
- 1 cup turnip, diced
- 1 ½ zucchini, diced
- 2 cups diced tomatoes can with the juice
- 1 cup homemade tomato sauce (whole30 friendly)
- 3 eggs
- Pinch of chili pepper
- Salt and pepper
- Green onions for garnishing
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large pan, add olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add onions and garlic. Cook until the onions are brown. Stir frequently.
- Add sweet potato and turnip. Cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add zucchini, diced tomato and tomato sauce.
- Cook until veggies are tender. If necessary, add water to help to cook the veggies.
- Spread vegetable mixture evenly in the greasy baking dish (casserole dish).
- With the back of a large spoon, make 3 indentations in the veggies mixture.
- Crack 1 large egg into each indentation, keeping the yolk intact.
- Season eggs with salt and pepper.
- Bake for about 15-20 minutes or until the eggs whites are set.
- Remove from oven and garnish with green onions
If you make this recipe, please don't forget to snap a photo and hashtag it #primaverakitchen. I really want to see!
Products Featured in this Recipe:
(may include affiliate links)
If you like this Baked Eggs with Veggies recipe, please share with your friends and family. Do you wanna taste more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow Primavera Kitchen on Twitter, Pinterest, Google +, Instagram and Facebook for all delicious recipes updates. As always, you are really appreciated for stopping by.
Easy ande delicious Roasted Root Vegetable With Thyme