This baked potato with lemon shrimp is a great opinion for your busy weekdays. It takes less than 30 mins to be ready and tastes wonderful. Enjoy!
I love this time of the year because one of my favorite things to cook is roasted and baked recipes. I don’t know why but I just think baked and roasted dishes taste so flavorful and delicious. So, now that it’s fall and the weather is getting cold, we all can warm up a little bit in the kitchen baking your delicious dishes. For me, one of the best ingredients to bake is the potato. I just think they taste much better baked than fried. My husband says I am crazy, but I am being very honest with you guys. Baked potatoes are my favorite way to have them.
This dish is so easy to put together and the only thing you have to worry about is the shrimp cooking time because as we all know shrimp cooks very fast. If you cook it too long, your shrimp will get rubbery. The trick here is to bake your potato first and when they are al dente, add the shrimp. Following this tip, you will be sure your baked potato with shrimp will be an awesome meal for your busy and chilly weeknight.
I really hope you enjoy this recipe. Thanks a lot. Want to browse all of my healthy recipe posts? Follow my Primavera Kitchen Board on Pinterest!!! I also have an awesome Healthy Fall Recipes Board on Pinterest!
Baked Potato with Lemon Shrimp
- 1 1/2 pounds shrimp — peeled and deveined
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic — minced
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Salt and pepper
- 3 medium (about 1 & 1/2 lbs) potatoes — diced
- ½ jalapeno — sliced
- Feta and green onions for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, combine clean and dry shrimp, 1 tbsp olive oil, garlic, lemon zest, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Toss everything together.
- Grease a 9-inch baking dish.
- Add potato and drizzle with remaining oil, sprinkle salt, pepper, and jalapeño.
- Roast potatoes in the oven for about 15 minutes, until tender.
- Remove potatoes from oven and top with shrimp and place back in the oven.
- Roast an additional 10 minutes, until the shrimp is pink and roasted.
- Remove from the oven and garnish with feta and green onions
If you make this recipe, please don't forget to snap a photo and hashtag it #primaverakitchen. I really want to see!
So, I hope you enjoy this Baked Potato with Lemon Shrimp recipe and try to make some in your own kitchen today. If you like this recipe, please share with your friends and family. Do you want to taste more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow Primavera Kitchen on Twitter, Pinterest, Google+, Instagram, and Facebook for all delicious recipes updates. As always, I really appreciate you stopping by.
More delicious potato recipes!
It only takes one skillet and a few ingredients to make this filling Sweet Potato, Kale and Shrimp Skillet
This Baked Sweet Potato with Shrimp recipe uses simple seasoning to make a family-friendly side dish.