Subscribe to receive new recipes!
Taste more! Sign up and you'll be getting to your inbox brand new content weekly such as recipes, cooking tips, videos and my FREE E-COOKBOOK.
Let’s learn how to make whole wheat pizza dough. It is made with 100% whole wheat flour and some spices to make this dough tastes a million times better.
Are you crazy for pizza? So, let’s learn how to make whole wheat pizza dough. Why order pizza when you can make your own? This recipe is great for the busy weekdays or perfect for pizza nights with friends. This dough is a healthy opinion for you who love pizza because it is made with 100% whole wheat flour. We all know that whole wheat pizza crust can often times be flavorless, but that’s why on this pizza dough recipe we will add some spices to make this dough tastes a million times better.
Though, it is not so chewy like the ones made with white flour, this whole wheat pizza dough produces a delicious thin-crust pizza and it is very flavorful and tender. Also, I love how easy it is since the stand mixer will do the entire work for you. You just need to let dough rise for about one hour. But if you have time you can let rise for up 3 or 4 hours. I’ve made this dough and let it rise for one hour and for 4 hours. I can tell you that both works fine. However, I prefer to let the dough rest for more than one hour because it will rise much more.
How to freeze pizza dough?
If you prefer to freeze your pizza dough, it is so easy. All you need to do is to coat the dough with olive oil or any spray cooking oil of you preference. After, cover it with plastic wrap and freeze for up 3 months.
How to thaw pizza dough?
To thaw your pizza dough, you just need to put your frozen pizza dough in the fridge overnight and 30 minutes before making your pizza transfer dough from the refrigerator to the counter. This way your dough will get to the room temperature and it will be ready to be rolled out.
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2¼ teaspoons instant yeast
- 2¾ cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon pink salt or any salt of your preference
- 1 ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dry oregano
- 1 teaspoon dry parsley
- A pinch of coriander
- A pinch of powder chili pepper (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- In a small bowl whisk together water, sugar, oil and yeast. Let stand for about 5 minutes, until foamy.
- In a stand mixer bowl fitted with the paddle attachment, combine whole-wheat flour, salt, garlic powder, oregano, parsley, coriander and chili pepper.
- With the motor running at the lowest speed, gently pour the wet mix into the flour mixer and mix until the ingredients are combined.
- Change to the dough hook attachment and knead dough at medium speed for about 2 to 3 minutes or until dough is elastic and smooth. If dough is too wet, gradually add a little bit more whole-wheat flour.
- In another bowl (or you can use the same mixing bowl), spray cooking oil (or you can use just a little bit of olive oil) and place the dough inside. Cover it with plastic wrap and set aside for approximately 1 hour. The dough will rise and double in size.
- Divide the dough in half. On a floured surface, roll out the pizza dough using a rolling pin. Transfer dough to a baking pan and add the topping of your preference.
- If you prefer to freeze your dough just check the instructions above.
I hope you enjoy this delicious whole wheat pizza dough today. If you like this recipe, please share with your friends and family. Do you wanna taste more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow Primavera Kitchen on Twitter, Pinterest, Google +, Instagram and Facebook for all delicious recipes updates. Thanks for stopping by. You are really appreciated for stopping by.
Taste more from Primavera Kitchen!
This Kale, peppers and red onions pizza is a quick and easy recipe and deliver a nutrition bonus with the addition of kale.
This Eggplant Pizza Bites are low-carb, gluten-free and very flavourful appetizer!!