Subscribe to receive new recipes!
Taste more! Sign up and you'll be getting to your inbox brand new content weekly such as recipes, cooking tips, videos and my FREE E-COOKBOOK.
This fall spicy carrot soup will warm you up on those chilly night. It is made with carrots, curry, garlic powder, coriander and a little bit of cayenne pepper.
Yesterday was a pretty wet and a little chilly day. I was walking to the subway station but the only thing I was thinking about was: “this is a perfect day to work from home, wearing pajamas and have a nice bowl of soup for dinner”. But, in reality I walked to the subway station, got all wet (especially my hair which was looking like a lion hair when it dried… hahahahah) and got to work to be on time for a looooooong boring meeting. Oh Gosh, who in this earth like these meetings?? They are all the same. But anyway, I am not here to bore you guys with my work. I am here to talk about my first fall recipe of this year, which is this delicious Spicy Carrot Soup.
I have to tell you that this soup is really spicy and if you think it is too much for you just add a little less of each spices and taste to make sure you need to add more or not. By doing this, you are will to make sure your soup will be perfect for your palate. For me the amount of spices is just right, but don’t trust me because I am really a spice fan. However, trust me when I say to you add spices (the right amount for you obvious) because they will bring the boring carrot soup to the other level. You will taste lots of flavor and at the same time the sweetness of the carrot will balance everything out.
I am sure you will love this soup because it is also gluten-free, vegan and very light. You won’t feel heavy after having a big bowl of this carrot soup. It is so satisfying and perfect to warm you up on these chilly days. Ah, I can forget to say that this recipe is so easy to make. Anyone can make it. You will sauté your onions and celery; them add the broth and them the carrots and spices. When your carrots are tender enough just use your hand blender or you counter-top blender and pure the carrots. I especially recommend you use a hand blender because you don’t need to dirty any other dish. You just blend the carrots inside of the soup pot and you are done. Since the most of the hand blenders are dishwasher-safe, it makes the cleaning part effortless. Below you can see the hand blender that I recommend. Hope you enjoy this recipe and happy fall, guys!!
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) olive oil
- 1 yellow onion
- 2 celery stalks
- ¼ (1.75 ml) tsp salt
- ¼ tsp (1.75 ml) freshly ground pepper
- 1 pound (450 g) of carrots, peeled and chopped
- 6 cups (1425 ml) vegetable broth
- 1 tsp (7.5 ml) curry (add ½ tsp and see how it tastes, add more if desired)
- ½ tsp (7.5ml) coriander
- ¼ (1.75ml) cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp (15ml) garlic powder
- Fresh parsley for garnishing
- In a large soup pot over high heat, add olive oil. When the pan and the oil are hot, turn the heat down to medium and add the onions and celery. Cook until onions are translucent. Then, add salt and pepper.
- Add the carrots along with 6 cups of vegetable broth.
- Bring it to a boil, cook with lid partially on, until carrots are tender. It is about 20 minutes.
- Now it is time to add curry, coriander, cayenne pepper and garlic powder. Mix everything very well.
- Using an immersion hand blender or a counter-top blender puree the carrots. It is not necessary remove the rest of the liquid from the pot to puree the carrots.
- Taste and add any extra seasonings, if necessary.
- Serve topped with fresh parsley
Please, if you recreate this roundup recipe, please take a picture and tag @primaverakitchen and #primaverakitchen on Instagram! I would love to see your version. Thanks a lot.
If you like Spicy Carrot Soup recipe, please share with your friends and family. Do you wanna taste more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow Primavera Kitchen on Twitter, Pinterest, Google +, Instagram and Facebook for all delicious recipes updates. As always, you are really appreciated for stopping by.
More Soup Recipes