This Carrot Leek Soup is made with a classic carrot-leek combination. It’s easy to simmer up, perfect for a cold or busy day and it tastes AWESOME! Enjoy!
As the days get cooler, I just want to have soup every single day. Nothing beats the soulful goodness of a warm and flavorful bowl of soup. I guess we all love soup because it is so fast and easy to prepare and makes you feel satisfied for a long time.
This time I decided to make this SUPER simple leek carrot soup. Leeks and carrots were the only two things I had in my fridge (that’s true… the end of the week it is always like that). I also really think leek and carrot make a great combo. The only work you will have to do here is to clean the leeks. They are normally pretty sandy, so you have to trim the root-end off the leeks and cut the white section into slices. You will have to place the leek slices in a colander and rinse thoroughly.
The quality of your veggies makes your soup even better. Please, always choose veggies in season. They are always more flavorful and nutritious. I also believe that a good vegetable broth makes all the difference. This one from Pacific Foods is my favorite because it is thick, very tasty and organic.
Thanks a lot for reading. Want to browse all of my healthy recipe posts? Follow my Primavera Kitchen Board on Pinterest!!! I also have awesome Healthy Fall Recipes and Soup and Stews Pinterest boards.
Carrot Leek Soup Recipe
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves - minced
- ½ cup onion - peeled and chopped
- 3 cups leek - white part only (chopped)
- 2 cups carrots - peeled and chopped
- 1 cup white potato - peeled and diced
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 cups veggie broth
- green onions for garnishing
- In a large pot over high heat, add olive oil. When the oil are hot, turn the heat down to medium and add garlic, onions and leeks. Sauté for 5 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Add carrots, potatoes, paprika, coriander, salt, and pepper. Mix everything well.
- Add vegetable broth and bring it to a boil. Cover and cook for about 20-25 minutes or until the vegetables are soft.
- Using an immersion hand blender or a counter-top blender puree the veggies.
- Taste and add any extra seasonings, if necessary. Serve topped with fresh green onions
If you make this recipe, follow @primaverakitchen on Instagram, snap a photo and hashtag it #primaverakitchen. I'd love to see what you're making!
If you like this Carrot Leek Soup recipe, please share with your friends and family. Do you want to taste more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow Primavera Kitchen on Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, and Facebook for all delicious recipes updates. As always, I really appreciate you stopping by.
More Soup recipes
This Beet and Sweet Potato Soup tastes totally amazing.
Simple and fresh Zucchini Soup