Looking for an easy, comforting meal? This Carrot Parsnip Soup only requires a short list of ingredients and adds up to a whole lot of nourishing goodness in a bowl. I can guarantee you’d love this comforting soup for your busy weeknights!
This is definitely the easiest recipe ever because you just need to chop the veggies and basically throw everything in a pot, simmer it, purée it and you are ready to taste it. I am sure you will love this quick and simple soup because this is really delicious and it has everything you expect from a Carrot Parsnip Soup recipe: creamy, slightly sweet and flavorful.
Carrot and Parsnip Soup
- In a large pot over high heat, add olive oil. When the pan and the oil are hot, turn the heat down to medium and add the onions and celery. Cook until onions are translucent.
- Add the carrots and parsnip along with 4 cups of vegetable broth.
- Bring it to a boil, cover, and cook for about 20 minutes or until the vegetables are soft.
- Add paprika, garlic powder, chili powder, salt, and pepper.
- Using an immersion hand blender or a counter-top blender puree the veggies. It is not necessary to remove the rest of the liquid from the pot to puree the veggies.
- Taste and add any extra seasonings, if necessary.
- Serve topped with fresh chives.
Nutrition InformationAmount per serving (1/4) — Calories: 137, Fat: 4g, Saturated Fat: 1g, Sodium: 87mg, Potassium: 650mg, Carbohydrates: 24g, Fiber: 7g, Sugar: 8g, Protein: 3g, Vitamin A: 261%, Vitamin C: 32%, Calcium: 7%, Iron: 8%
If you make this recipe, please don't forget to snap a photo and hashtag it #primaverakitchen. I really want to see!
If you like this Carrot Parsnip Soup recipe, please share with your friends and family. Do you want to taste more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow Primavera Kitchen on Twitter, Pinterest, Google+, Instagram, and Facebook for all delicious recipes updates. As always, I really appreciate you stopping by.
More Soup recipes
This Zucchini Soup is so fresh and summery!
This picture speaks for itself! This Pasta Soup with Sweet Potato and Peas is delicious!
I love the combo of this Beet and Sweet Potato Soup! Yummy!