Looking for an easy, comforting meal? This Carrot Parsnip Soup only requires a short list of ingredients that create a lot of nourishing goodness in a bowl. I guarantee you’ll love this comforting soup on your busy weeknights!
This is definitely the easiest recipe ever because you just need to chop the veggies and basically throw everything in a pot, simmer it, purée it, and you are ready to eat. I am sure you will love this quick and simple soup because it is really delicious and has everything you expect from a Carrot Parsnip Soup recipe: creamy, slightly sweet, and full of flavour.
More healthy soup recipes to try:
- Spicy Carrot Soup: This soup will warm you up on those chilly nights. It is made with carrots, curry powder, garlic powder, ground coriander, and a little bit of cayenne pepper.
- Carrot Leek Soup: It’s made with a classic carrot-leek combination. It’s easy to make, perfect for a cold or busy day, and tastes AWESOME!
- 20-minutes Butternut Squash Soup: This recipe makes a simple, easy, and delicious healthy lunch to enjoy during the fall/winter cold weather. It’s paleo, whole30, gluten-free, dairy-free, and low-carb.
See below for how to make this Carrot and Parsnip Soup:
Carrot and Parsnip Soup
In a large pot over high heat, add the olive oil. When the pan and oil are hot, turn the heat down to medium, and add the onions and celery. Cook until the onions are translucent.
Add the carrots and parsnips along with 4 cups of vegetable broth.
- Bring it to a boil, cover, and cook for about 20 minutes or until the vegetables are soft.
Add the paprika, garlic powder, chili powder, salt, and pepper.
Using an immersion hand blender or counter-top blender, puree the veggies. It is not necessary to remove all the liquid from the pot to puree the veggies.
- Taste and add any extra seasonings, if necessary.
- Serve topped with fresh chives.
Nutrition InformationAmount per serving (1/4) — Calories: 137, Fat: 4g, Saturated Fat: 1g, Sodium: 87mg, Potassium: 650mg, Carbohydrates: 24g, Fiber: 7g, Sugar: 8g, Protein: 3g, Vitamin A: 261%, Vitamin C: 32%, Calcium: 7%, Iron: 8%
If you make this recipe, please don't forget to snap a photo and hashtag it #primaverakitchen. I really want to see!
If you like this Carrot Parsnip Soup recipe, please share it with your friends and family. Do you want to taste more? Subscribe to my newsletter, and follow Primavera Kitchen on Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, and Facebook for all delicious recipe updates. As always, I really appreciate you stopping by.
More soup recipes to try:
This Zucchini Soup is so fresh and summery!
This picture speaks for itself! This Pasta Soup with Sweet Potato and Peas is delicious!
I love the combo of this Beet and Sweet Potato Soup. Yummy!!