This Asparagus Greek Chopped Salad is made with roasted asparagus, cucumber, tomatoes, black olives, feta cheese and flavored with an easy lemon dressing.
It was such a busy week for me. I had lots of things to do, organize and prepare the house before my mom arrived from Brazil. We’re having her over for 3 weeks and I’m so happy with that. It’s wonderful to be close to our family, especially when they live so far away. My son Thomas is enjoying her a lot. They play together all day and of course she loves being with him too. My mom doesn’t have the chance to be with him often since we live in two different countries.
She is helping me a lot with Thomas and I’m having more time to work. Not only work, but cooking too. I actually don’t need a lot of time to cook because I’m always making easy and quick meals like this Asparagus Greek Chopped Salad. But it’s always good to have free time to cook, right?
Asparagus is a fresh veggie great to cook during spring and summer. I love the crisp stalks and how well it goes with almost everything you pair with. This is such a versatile veggie and it’s delicious with salads and pasta too. I put it in everything like my Parmesan Lemon Asparagus Skillet and Quinoa Salad with Roasted Asparagus!
I roasted my asparagus because it goes really well with Greek salad! I have to admit that Greek salads are definitely one of my favourite go-to salad recipes for summer (like this Quinoa Greek Salad and Greek Chicken Salad Bowls). There is just something about the combo of feta cheese, olives, tomatoes, and cucumbers that makes it a great side dish. Or you can enjoy this asparagus Greek chopped salad as a light meal with some good protein like chicken and salmon.
The dressing is light, bright and tangy with lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper. And it is so good with the salty Kalamata olives and feta cheese. Yummy!
Serve this up with my Quick Easy Fruit Salad Recipe for a refreshing summer treat!
Asparagus Greek Chopped Salad
For the salad
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes - cut in half
- ½ medium red onions - sliced
- 1 cup yellow bell pepper - chopped
- 1 cup cucumber - chopped
- 1 cup Kalamata olives
- 1 tbsp feta cheese - chopped
- Preheat the oven to 425F.
- Break off the tough ends of the asparagus.
- Arrange the asparagus onto a baking sheet in a single layer.
- Drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper and toss well.
- Roast the asparagus for 12-15 minutes or until crisp-tender. Let it cold down and then slice them. Set aside.
- While the asparagus are in the oven you can make the dressing. In a mason jar, pour the freshly squeezed lemon juice and olive oil. Add salt, pepper, garlic and whisk everything together. Continue to whisk while streaming in the olive oil. Taste to check the seasoning.
- In a large salad bowl, add all the ingredients for the salad.
- Add asparagus in the salad bowl.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss well.
- Top with feta cheese. Enjoy!
If you make this recipe, follow @primaverakitchen on Instagram, snap a photo and hashtag it #primaverakitchen. I'd love to see what you're making!
And if you like this Asparagus Greek Chopped Salad, please share with your friends and family. Do you wanna taste more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow Primavera Kitchen on Twitter, Pinterest, Google +, Instagram and Facebook for all delicious recipes updates. As always, you are really appreciated for stopping by.