Enjoy this quick and easy Parmesan Lemon Asparagus Skillet recipe as a healthy side dish during your busy weeknights. This is loaded with parmesan, garlic, lemon juice, dried oregano, and Italian seasoning.
Mm… Asparagus! My favorite veggie ever! This much-loved vegetable is always so delicious in the main dish. My most popular main dishes with asparagus on my blog are my Asparagus Sweet Potato Chicken Skillet, Easy Asparagus Pasta Salad, and my Sausage Asparagus Quinoa Pasta recipes and you should take a look because they are amazing. But this veggie is also very flavorful as a side dish.
Who doesn’t like a really tender or crispy roasted asparagus? Or a yummy quinoa salad with chopped asparagus? I certainly love these dishes and they used to be my favorite ways to eat asparagus. However, I’ve changed my mind since I’ve made this Parmesan Lemon Asparagus Skillet. This gluten-free and low-carb side dish is a perfect choice for you who want to eat asparagus but doesn’t want to make the same recipe over and over again.
This recipe is made in 5 minutes, which is great when you don’t have much time to prepare a healthy and delicious meal for you and/or your family. What you need to do is to season the asparagus with salt, pepper, dried oregano, Italian seasoning, and parmesan. Sauté for few minutes and toss them with some lemon juice. I mean, it doesn’t get easier than that, right? You can make it and serve with some rice or salad and a protein such as wild salmon or a roasted chicken breast. This Garlic Shrimp Asparagus Skillet and Asparagus Greek Chopped Salad is a delicious way to enjoy asparagus as well. Mm… This is definitely a delicious meal to serve your family. I really hope you enjoy this recipe and let me know how it turns out.
- In an iron cast skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the olive oil and garlic. Sauté the garlic until slightly browned.
- Add asparagus, salt, pepper, dried oregano, and Italian seasoning in the skillet. Using a spatula, toss to combine all the ingredients well.
- Cook for 5-7 minutes. It will depend on how tender you want your asparagus to be.
- Add the parmesan cheese to the top of the asparagus and cover the skillet with its lid.
- Cook for 1 minute. Before serving, toss lemon juice.
- You can snap off the tough ends as they'll naturally break at the woody part. Alternatively, you can snap one off and use it as a guide on where to cut the rest of the asparagus.
- If you do not have a cast-iron skillet, you can use a large non-stick skillet.
- The larger the skillet the better. You do not want to try be too much overlap as it'll make the asparagus steam.
- To store: Store the asparagus in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- To reheat: You can reheat leftovers in the oven or microwave.
- To freeze: Place the cooked asparagus in a freezer-safe bag and freeze for up to 2-3 months.
Nutrition information is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate.
I would love to see your version. And if you like this Parmesan Lemon Asparagus Skillet recipe, please share with your friends and family. Do you want to taste more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow Primavera Kitchen on Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, and Facebook for all delicious recipes updates. As always, I really appreciate you stopping by.
More Side Dishes Recipes!