Enjoy this quick and easy Parmesan Lemon Asparagus Skillet recipe as a healthy side dish during your busy weeknights. This is loaded with parmesan, garlic, lemon juice, dried oregano, and Italian seasoning.
Mm… Asparagus! My favorite veggie ever! This much-loved vegetable is always so delicious in the main dish. My most popular main dishes with asparagus on my blog are my Asparagus Sweet Potato Chicken Skillet and my Sausage Asparagus Quinoa Pasta recipes and you should take a look because they are amazing. But this veggie is also very flavorful as a side dish.
Who doesn’t like a really tender or crispy roasted asparagus? Or a yummy quinoa salad with chopped asparagus? I certainly love these dishes and they used to be my favorite ways to eat asparagus. However, I’ve changed my mind since I’ve made this Parmesan Lemon Asparagus Skillet. This gluten-free and low-carb side dish is a perfect choice for you who want to eat asparagus but doesn’t want to make the same recipe over and over again.
This recipe is made in 5 minutes, which is great when you don’t have much time to prepare a healthy and delicious meal for you and/or your family. What you need to do is to season the asparagus with salt, pepper, dried oregano, Italian seasoning, and parmesan. Sauté for few minutes and toss them with some lemon juice. I mean, it doesn’t get easier than that, right? You can make it and serve with some rice or salad and a protein such as wild salmon or a roasted chicken breast. Mm… This is definitely a delicious meal to serve your family. I really hope you enjoy this recipe and let me know how it turns out.
Parmesan Lemon Asparagus Skillet
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic — minced
- 1 pound asparagus — trimmed
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 pinches of dried oregano
- 2 pinches of Italian seasoning
- Juice of 1 lemon — or more, to taste
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan
- In an iron cast skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the olive oil and garlic. Sauté the garlic until slightly browned.
- Add asparagus, salt, pepper, dried oregano, and Italian seasoning in the skillet. Using a spatula, toss to combine all the ingredients well.
- Cook for 5-7 minutes. It will depend on how tender you want your asparagus to be.
- Add the parmesan cheese to the top of the asparagus and cover the skillet with its lid.
- Cook for 1 minute. Before serving, toss lemon juice.
Nutrition InformationAmount per serving (1/4) — Calories: 101, Fat: 8g, Saturated Fat: 1g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g, Monounsaturated Fat: 5g, Sodium: 105mg, Potassium: 236mg, Carbohydrates: 7g, Fiber: 2g, Sugar: 3g, Protein: 4g
If you make this recipe, please don't forget to snap a photo and hashtag it #primaverakitchen. I really want to see!
I would love to see your version. And if you like this Parmesan Lemon Asparagus Skillet recipe, please share with your friends and family. Do you want to taste more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow Primavera Kitchen on Twitter, Pinterest, Google+, Instagram, and Facebook for all delicious recipes updates. As always, I really appreciate you stopping by.
More Side Dishes Recipes!