This Easy Asparagus Pasta Salad only requires 5-ingredient and it is gluten and dairy-free, quick to make and it is perfect to make ahead on the weekend and take to work all week.
Pasta salad is one of my favorite ways to eat pasta. I love it because at the same time you can eat pasta and lots of veggies, which makes me feel not so guilt when I eat carbs. Pasta salad is also a great alternative when you don’t have time to make dinner during your busy weekdays because it is very easy to put together. I know that many people are avoiding gluten but there are a variety of pastas now in the market that are gluten-free like this one I used (affiliate link). I personally prefer gluten-free pastas that are made with quinoa flour or rice flour because it doesn’t become chewy after cooking. Actually it tastes almost the same as traditional pasta. Well… at least the one that I use.
This pasta is also great to bring to work because it is easy to store and you can eat it at room temperature just like my Sausage Quinoa Pasta. You don’t even need a fridge to put it away because it doesn’t contain any dairy product to go bad outside the fridge. However, this asparagus pasta salad tastes great cold or warm.
For this asparagus pasta salad I used pesto too. So, I cannot call this salad vegan (the traditional pesto recipe has parmesan inside), but if you make your own pesto you can use vegan cheese or simply omit it. Also, if you don’t want to use pesto you can use pure olive oil and I guarantee this asparagus salad will be delicious anyway. I made this recipe without pesto one time and it was fabulous too. I also tossed this salad with flavorful roasted asparagus and sun dried tomato. So as you can see this asparagus pasta salad is very rich in flavor. You will love it! Enjoy!
Subscribe for new recipes & a free e-cookbook
This recipe is one of my go-to recipes when asparagus is in season. A few more favourites are my Asparagus Sweet Potato Chicken Skillet, Garlic Shrimp Asparagus Skillet, and Parmesan Lemon Asparagus Skillet. You HAVE to try them!
- 2 cups gluten-free Fusilli pasta
- 1 pound roasted asparagus (Click here to get an entire tutorial about “how to roast asparagus) – The asparagus should be cut at a diagonal in 1 and 2 inch pieces)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup homemade pesto
- 1/3 cup jarred sun dried tomatoes roughly chopped
- Salt and black ground pepper to taste
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil over high heat.
- Once the water is boiling, add the Fusilli and cook according the packaging directions. Drain the pasta, rinse and transfer to a bowl.
- Add roasted asparagus, olive oil, pesto, sun dried tomatoes, salt and pepper.
- Then toss well to combine and adjust the seasoning if you think it is necessary.
- Make sure to cut off the woody ends of the asparagus and discard them.
- Feel free to season your roasted asparagus however you want.
- To make this vegan friendly, you can make your own homemade pesto and omit the cheese or use vegan cheese.
- To store: Store the leftover pasta in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- To reheat: You can easily reheat everything in the microwave or enjoy it chilled.
- To freeze: Once cooled completely, transfer the pasta to an airtight freezer-safe container and freeze for up to 2 months.
Nutrition information is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate.
I would love to see your version. And if you like this Easy Asparagus Pasta Salad recipe, please share with your friends and family. Do you wanna taste more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow Primavera Kitchen on Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook for all delicious recipes updates. As always, you are really appreciated for stopping by.
More Asparagus Recipes!