These crispy TOTALLY delicious Spicy Kale Chips are addictive, but the best part is: you don’t feel guilty after eating an entire bowl of these goodies. If you think kale has a strong taste raw, why don’t you try to bake it? I am sure these kale chips will change your mind.
Let’s discuss few tips to make these kale chips the best ever. After washing the leaves, dry them very well before tossing with olive oil. You have to toss gently and thoroughly. Make sure very single leaf gets coated.
Another very important tip for this recipe is to lay kale leaves in a single layer on the baking sheet, if not the kale will steam instead of becoming crispy. Keep your eyes on them since some pieces of kale can bake faster than others. If it happens, remove the kale leaves that are ready and put the rest in the oven for 2-3 minutes more. In case you don’t eat everything at the same day, you can put them away in a sealed glass container with rice in the bottom. The rice will avoid the kale chips become soggy.
Want to browse all of my healthy recipe posts? Follow my Primavera Kitchen Board on Pinterest!!! I also have great Pinterest Boards such as Healthy Dinner, Healthy Snack, Detox Recipe and Soups and Stews. I hope you enjoy all the delicious and healthy recipes I have there!!
How to Make Spicy Kale Chips
These crispy TOTALLY delicious Spicy Kale Chips are addictive, but the best part is: you don’t feel guilty after eating an entire bowl of these goodies.
- 1 bunch of kale, washed and dried really well
- 2 tsp of olive oil
- ¼ tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Prepare the kale by removing the stem from each kale leaf.
- Rip the leaves into small pieces.
- Place in a large bowl, toss with olive oil, chili pepper, garlic powder, salt and black pepper.
- Massage the leaves very well for about 1 minute or until all the leaves are coated.
- Spread kale on two baking sheets, but make sure they are in one single layer to avoid the leaves steaming rather than baking.
- Remove from the oven after fifteen minutes or until they are crispy and crunchy.
If you make this recipe, please don't forget to snap a photo and hashtag it #primaverakitchen. I really want to see!
If you like this recipe, please share with your friends and family. Do you wanna taste more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow Primavera Kitchen on Twitter, Pinterest, Google +, Instagram and Facebook for all delicious recipes updates.
Thanks a lot for stopping by and bring Kale Chips to your life 😉