These crispy TOTALLY delicious Spicy Kale Chips are addictive, but the best part is: you don’t feel guilty after eating an entire bowl of these goodies. If you think kale has a strong taste raw, why don’t you try to bake it? I am sure these kale chips will change your mind.
Let’s discuss few tips to make these kale chips the best ever. After washing the leaves, dry them very well before tossing with olive oil. You have to toss gently and thoroughly. Make sure very single leaf gets coated.
Another very important tip for this recipe is to lay kale leaves in a single layer on the baking sheet, if not the kale will steam instead of becoming crispy. Keep your eyes on them since some pieces of kale can bake faster than others. If it happens, remove the kale leaves that are ready and put the rest in the oven for 2-3 minutes more. In case you don’t eat everything at the same day, you can put them away in a sealed glass container with rice in the bottom. The rice will avoid the kale chips from becoming soggy.
If you’ve got extra kale, you must try my Kale Salad with Crispy Sweet Potato, Sweet Potato Chicken Kale Skillet, Chopped Red Cabbage Kale Salad, Ground Turkey White Bean Kale Soup, or my Easy Kale Breakfast Salad Recipe. These kale recipes are so easy to make and you’ll love them!
Want to browse all of my healthy recipe posts? Follow my Primavera Kitchen Board on Pinterest!!! I also have great Pinterest Boards such as Healthy Dinner, Healthy Snack, Detox Recipe and Soups and Stews. I hope you enjoy all the delicious and healthy recipes I have there!!
Subscribe for new recipes & a free e-cookbook
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Prepare the kale by removing the stem from each kale leaf.
- Rip the leaves into small pieces.
- Place in a large bowl, toss with olive oil, chili pepper, garlic powder, salt and black pepper.
- Massage the leaves very well for about 1 minute or until all the leaves are coated.
- Spread the kale on two baking sheets, but make sure they are in one single layer to avoid the leaves steaming rather than baking.
- Remove from the oven after fifteen minutes or until they are crispy and crunchy.
- Do not overlap the kale on the sheet pan as they will steam instead of crisp up.
- Dry the kale thoroughly so they are able to crisp up in the oven.
- If there are smaller pieces, they can roast faster, so keep a close eye on them and pull them out of the sheet pan.
- To store: You can store the kale chips for up to 4 days in an airtight container at room temperature. They will lose their crispiness over time.
Nutrition information is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate.
If you like this recipe, please share with your friends and family. Do you wanna taste more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow Primavera Kitchen on Twitter, Pinterest, Google +, Instagram and Facebook for all delicious recipes updates.
Thanks a lot for stopping by and bring Kale Chips to your life 😉