This Ground Turkey White Bean Kale Soup is incredibly delicious, comforting, and filling and it’s perfect for the busy weeknights, ready in less than 30 minutes.
If you’ve followed my blog long enough, you know I’m a soup lover! Here on the blog, you will find soups of all kinds; vegetarian, vegan, carrot and sweet potato soups and so on. I never get tired of soups. They are so easy to make and always save my life when I don’t have any idea what to make for dinner. Why? Because I just dump every veggie I have in my fridge into a large pot, add a can of beans and a carton of chicken broth. After 20-25 minutes, dinner is ready.
I can’t think of a better dish for this time of the year. This is definitely very filling with the carrots, turnip, and meat in there. Also, this ground turkey white bean kale soup is very hearty and comforting. I’m sure you are going to love the combination of the white beans and kale (this green is always great to add extra nutrients). So good!
Since this soup takes really good on day 2, you can also make it ahead of time. Isn’t it great to have something like this in the fridge for when life gets super busy? One pot is totally manageable and makes clean up super easy too. If you have been craving soups like crazy lately, this is calling your name.
I really cannot get enough of soup. I can have it every day and sometimes I do! I like to make a bunch of soup then freeze it to mix and match throughout the month. Some of my favourites right now are my Spinach Sweet Potato Soup, Sweet Potato Chicken Soup Recipe, Ground Beef Vegetable Soup Recipe, and Zucchini Noodle Soup Recipe. They’re so easy and delicious. Can’t get enough of soup? Here are 30 more Healthy Soup Recipes to try!
Ground Turkey White Bean Kale Soup
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb grass-fed ground turkey
- 1 cup onion - finely chopped
- 2 large carrots - finely diced
- 1 turnip - finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic - minced
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 (19 ounces) can white cannellini beans, drained, and rinsed
- 1 cup kale - stems removed and roughly chopped
- 6 cups low-sodium chicken stock
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- In a large pot over high heat, add olive oil. When the oil is hot, turn the heat down to medium.
- Add ground turkey, garlic, salt, and pepper. Use a wood spoon breaking up the turkey while it cooks.
- When the ground turkey is no longer pink, add onions, carrots, turnip, and bay leaves. Cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add white beans, kale, chicken broth and bring it to a boil.
- Cook for about 10 to 15mins.
- Taste and add any extra seasonings, if necessary.
If you make this recipe, follow @primaverakitchen on Instagram, snap a photo and hashtag it #primaverakitchen. I'd love to see what you're making!
If you like this Ground Turkey White Bean Kale Soup recipe, please share with your friends and family. Do you want to taste more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow Primavera Kitchen on Twitter, Pinterest, Google+, Instagram, and Facebook for all delicious recipes updates. As always, I really appreciate you stopping by.
More Soup Recipes: