Easy, quick, and delicious Chopped Red Cabbage Kale Salad to keep you healthy during the cold weather.
This week I made a batch of One-Pan Chicken and Cabbage, Cabbage Steak Recipe, and Spicy Chicken with Sauteed Cabbage and Zucchini Bowls, and Cabbage and Sausage because I had a ton of cabbage on hand. So I thought to change things up and make a salad with it.
I know for some many people, including me; it’s not very easy to eat salads during wintertime. I just crave for more and more comforting food such as soups, lasagnas, cakes and so on. I get it. But we all know how important it is to have a salad a day at least. So, what I do to eat more salads is to always add the ingredients I love and I can’t resist when I see them in a bowl.
For me kale and red cabbage are my favourite and that’s why I ate this salad four times last week for lunch. It was so good and I paired it with easy and quick broiled salmon. These three ingredients really warmed me up and I’m pretty sure it will warm you up too.
This Chopped Red Cabbage Kale Salad is loaded with fiber from the kale and healthy good fat from the sliced almonds, which is great to make you feel satisfied for a long time. So good! As we all know there are lots of different type of kale out there. I love the curly kale, but you can use any type of kale you prefer. It’s totally up to you. I also really think you should massage your kale before you add it in salad bowl. Why? Because it will make the eating experience a little easier. The more you massage it, the softer the kale leaves will be.
This Chopped Red Cabbage Kale Salad is also delicious with the addition of the sliced of apples. The sweetness of it just brings this salad to another level. I’m sure you will enjoy it a lot. Try it and check it out!
Subscribe for new recipes & a free e-cookbook
If you’re looking for another easy salad recipe, try this Grilled Chicken Cabbage Salad!
For the salad
- In a large salad bowl, add kale, red cabbage, red apple and sliced almond.
- In a mason jar, pour the olive oil, lemon juice, balsamic, Dijon mustard, salt and pepper. Whisk everything together. Continue to whisk while streaming in the olive oil*.
- Taste to check the seasoning and pour over the salad. Enjoy!
- Make sure you do not use any of the stems for the kale as it'll be super tough to eat.
- Massage the kale for a few minutes to help break down some of the tough, fibrous characteristics of kale.
- Not a fan of apples? Try pear!
- To store: I recommend not adding the dressing to the salad if you plan on storing it in the fridge as it can get soggy. This salad lasts for up to 4 days in the fridge when stored separately.
Nutrition information is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate.
And if you like this Chopped Red Cabbage Kale Salad recipe, please share with your friends and family. Do you wanna taste more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow Primavera Kitchen on Twitter, Pinterest, Google +, Instagram and Facebook for all delicious recipes updates. As always, you are really appreciated for stopping by.