This Sweet Potato Chicken Kale Skillet recipe is a delicious, one-pan meal that will be on your dinner table in less than 30 minutes. It is also gluten-free, paleo-friendly, Whole30 and perfect for your busy weeknight dinner.
The first part of this post was written on Jan 2, 2017.
HAPPY NEW YEAR, friends!
I hope you all had a very fun and safe New Years Eve and enjoyed the time surrounded by lovely friends and family. I would like to take this opportunely to wish you a year full of love, happiness, success, and of course, lots of healthy food on your table.
Last week, we had a great time with my in-laws in Montreal for Christmas and later with my aunt, uncle, and cousins in Boston area. We had a really good time there, especially because they hadn’t met our baby Thomas yet. It was so good to see him playing and laughing all day long with his relatives. Thomas is such an easygoing baby. He goes to everybody’s arms easily without crying and he smiles all the time. He’s also such a good traveler. He didn’t have any problem with the local food, weather and or anything else even traveling a lot to so many countries such as Brazil, Argentina, Uruguay, Canada and USA in his first year of his life. He is such a blessing in our lives and I have to say he is the best thing that happened in our lives and in 2016.
I love this time of the year because I always feel full of energy and excitement to follow my dreams. It’s good to feel like you have new challenges, and another chance to set new resolutions for the year. My resolutions for this year related to my health is to reduce the amount of sugar from my diet and make healthier choices when we go out for dinner. We always eat very well home, but eating healthy outside it’s still a struggle for me. So, I hope this year I’ll be better with that.
This second part of this post was updated on August 08, 2018 with new pictures and more information about the recipe.
Talking about eating healthy, why not start your year by making this ultra-easy one-skillet Healthy Sweet Potato Chicken Kale recipe that is a feel-good comfort food with lots of nutrients and protein?!
This is healthy Sweet Potato Chicken Kale Skillet recipe one of those recipes you can have all in one single dish. Why am I saying that? Well … this dish is made with sweet potato that makes you feel very full. Also, it has lots of protein from the chicken, and on top of that, it’s full of vitamin A, C, and D from the kale. And last but not least, this Sweet Potato Chicken Kale Skillet recipe is gluten-free, paleo-friendly, whole30, and full of flavor! Believe me, this recipe will become a winner in your home!
Tips to make this healthy Sweet Potato Chicken Kale Skillet recipe even better:
- Cut the chicken in small cubes and all cubes should be roughly the same size. This way, the chicken cubes will be cooked evenly and at the same time.
- When the chicken is cooked, remove it from the pan and add sweet potato to cook. Don’t leave the cooked chicken in the pan while cooking the sweet potato because the chicken can get overcooked.
- If you prefer, while you are cooking the chicken, you can boil the sweet potato and add it to the pan when the chicken is fully cooked. This way, this healthy Sweet Potato Chicken Kale Skillet recipe will be done faster.
- If you would like, you can season your chicken with more spices such as paprika, onion powder, chilli powder and thyme.
Sweet Potato Chicken Kale Skillet
- 6 bacon strips chopped (you can use any type of bacon, but I recommend to use a sugar-free, nitrate-free and nitrite-free.)
- 2 ½ cups free range organic breast chicken diced
- Salt and black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic minced
- 2 cups sweet potato peeled and diced
- ¾ cup organic chicken stock
- 4 cups kale chopped
- ½ teaspoon chili peppers flakes
- On a plastic board, cut the chicken into small pieces and season with salt and pepper.
- In a skillet over medium heat, add bacon and cook for 5 minutes.
- Season the chicken with salt, pepper, and red chili flakes. Add it to the skillet.
- Cook for about 7 minutes or until it is cooked through.
- Don’t forget to stir well. Set the chicken and bacon aside.
- In the same skillet, add garlic, sweet potato, and chicken broth.
- Cook for 7 minutes or until the sweet potato is cooked. It will depend on the size of the sweet potato dices.
- Turn the heat to low and add kale, stirring until wilted.
- Season to taste with salt, pepper, and chili peppers flakes.
- Bring the chicken and bacon back to the skillet and stir well until combined. It will take only 1 minute.
- Serve immediately.
Do you like one-pan meals just like this one? I have a delicious list of one-pan meal HERE for you.
This post contains affiliate links. For more information, please visit my disclosure page here.
If you like this Sweet Potato Chicken Kale Skillet recipe, please share with your friends and family. Do you want to taste more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow Primavera Kitchen on Twitter, Pinterest, Google+, Instagram, and Facebook for all delicious recipes updates. As always, I really appreciate you stopping by.