These Pomegranate Glazed Brussels Sprouts are made in the oven and toss with a 2-ingredient Pomegranate glazed (pomegranate juice and soy sauce). It’s easy, quick and very delicious.
I love cooking with seasonal ingredients because of all the healthy benefits we get from fresh veggies and fruits. When we buy seasonal fresh produce, we are sure that it has the optimal flavour. They are much more crispy, juicy and colorful. I guess it’s because the produce is picked when they’re fully developed.
I totally believe we all can cook with seasonal ingredients even though we leave in places where the sun is not shinning all year long. I say this because each season offers delicious and fresh produce. For example, now it’s fall and lots of roots and veggies are in season. So, that’s a great time to cook with fall veggies such as butternut squash, pumpkin, pomegranate, brussels sprouts and so on. These are all great ingredients to make delicious and comforting meals for the whole family to enjoy around a big table.
One of the most popular veggies during this time of the year is of course are brussels sprouts. We basically find them everywhere and they look so big, so green and so much fresher than when it’s summer, don’t you think?
So, this is definitely a great time to make my Pomegranate Glazed Brussels Sprouts recipe.
What I love about this recipe is that it’s made with 5 ingredients (I’m not counting salt and pepper here) and probably you have already all the ingredients in your kitchen. You may not have the pomegranate juice, but you can find it easily at any grocery store, especially this time of the year.
This recipe is also perfect side dish for holidays and big dinner parties where you invite lots of people, since you can get this dish done in 30 minutes. This Pomegranate Glazed Brussels Sprouts is a great recipe for vegetarians and vegans, but it’s also good with a piece of turkey or a good fish. And the glaze is totally refined sugar-free. You just need two ingredients to make it (pomegranate juice and soy sauce). Wow… Isn’t that great? And let’s not forget to say that this glaze is also super flavourful and and goes really well with the roasted brussels sprouts. Please, try this recipe and I’m sure you’ll love it.
Love this Pomegranate Glazed Brussels Sprouts recipe? Let’s try to make it!
Pomegranate Glazed Brussels Sprouts
- 4 cups brussels sprouts — bottom part of the brussels sprouts removed, and chop them in half.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic — minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
For the Pomegranate glaze:
- ½ cup pomegranate juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 garlic clove — minced
- Pre-heat the oven to 400F degrees.
- In a big bowl, add brussels sprouts, olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper. Toss until everything is evenly coated.
- Spread the brussels sprouts mixture onto a baking sheet in an even layer. The cut-side of the brussels should be touching the baking sheet.
- You should bake them for about 25-20 minutes or until the brussels sprouts are golden brown on the edges. The baking time will depend on the size of your brussels sprouts and the power of your oven.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan over medium-high heat pour all the ingredients for the pomegranate glaze. Bring to a boil for 5 - 8 minutes, and stir well until thick and syrupy.
- Remove the brussels sprouts from the oven and transfer them to a serving dish. Top with the pomegranate glaze. Enjoy!
Nutrition InformationAmount per serving (1/4) — Calories: 141, Fat: 7.3g, Saturated Fat: 1.1g, Sodium: 569mg, Carbohydrates: 18.1g, Fiber: 3.4g, Sugar: 10.1g, Protein: 3.5g
If you make this recipe, please don't forget to snap a photo and hashtag it #primaverakitchen. I really want to see!
And if you like this Pomegranate Glazed Brussels Sprouts recipe, please share with your friends and family. Do you wanna taste more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow Primavera Kitchen on Twitter, Pinterest, Google +, Instagram and Facebook for all delicious recipes updates. As always, you are really appreciated for stopping by.