This One-Pan Balsamic Glazed Caprese Chicken is a low-carb recipe that’s baked in a flavorful balsamic glaze. It’s done in only 35 minutes!
This Balsamic Glazed Caprese Chicken is one of my current favorite ways to cook chicken. It’s extremely flavorful and is ready in 40 minutes. The chicken is very tender and juicy since it’s baked in a balsamic glaze. Mm… This is really yummy!
The balsamic glaze is the star of this sweet and savory dish and it’s really simple to make. I love balsamic, check out this Rice with Balsamic Onions and Shrimp if you want another balsamic recipe.
You only need balsamic vinegar and brown sugar. You start this dish by searing the chicken in the skillet. This step is very important because it makes the chicken even more flavorful. Then, it’s time to make your quick balsamic glaze and when it’s done you return the chicken to the pan, coat it with the delicious balsamic glaze. After that, you just have to place the skillet in the oven for 25-30 minutes. The chicken will be ready when it reaches the internal temperature of 165F.
The tender, juicy chicken will get all the flavor from the delicious balsamic glaze. Now it’s time to top it with mozzarella and place it again in the oven for few minutes until the cheese is melted. Before serving, you garnish your balsamic glazed chicken with cherry tomatoes and basil. Mm… SO DELICIOUS! Your Balsamic Glazed Caprese Chicken is done and it’s ready to eat.
This gluten-free, one-pan meal is ultra-flavorful and your whole family will want to eat it again and again. You can serve it with Balsamic Roasted Vegetables Recipe, rice, roasted veggies, zucchini noodles or even your favorite type of pasta. You’ll say goodbye to the boring chicken meals. Tender. Juicy. Delicious.
If you love this easy recipe, you should try my 4-Ingredient Pomegranate Glazed Salmon, Pomegranate Glazed Brussels Sprouts, and these 35 Easy Salmon Recipes You Need To Make For Dinner. Let me know in the comments down below what you’ve been making for dinner lately!
Balsamic Glazed Caprese Chicken
- 6 skinless - bone-in free range organic chicken thighs
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Salt and fresh ground black pepper - to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- ⅓ cup balsamic vinegar
- 2½ tablespoons brown sugar - packed
- 1½ cups grape or cherry tomatoes - cut in half
- 8 oz. fresh mozzarella cheese - sliced
- ¼ cup fresh basil leaves - chiffonade
- Preheat oven to 410°F.
- In a large bowl, add chicken and season with the oregano, basil, salt, and pepper.
- Heat a large and oven safe skillet over medium-high heat. Add the olive oil.
- Sear the chicken for 3 to 5 minutes each side and until the chicken is golden brown on top.
- Transfer chicken to a plate.
- In the same skillet, add garlic and cook for about 1 minute.
- Add the balsamic vinegar and brown sugar. Bring to a simmer and stir occasionally, until glaze has thickened (about 5-6 minutes).
- Return the chicken to the pan. Coat the chicken evenly with the glaze. Add 1 cup of the tomatoes in the skillet.
- Place the skillet in the oven.
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. The chicken has to reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
- Top each chicken with mozzarella cheese. Then broil for 2-3 minutes, or until the cheese has melted completely.
- Serve immediately, drizzled with the balsamic reduction from the pan and garnished with basil and cherry tomato if desired.
If you make this recipe, follow @primaverakitchen on Instagram, snap a photo and hashtag it #primaverakitchen. I'd love to see what you're making!
I would love to see your version. And if you like this Balsamic Glazed Caprese Chicken recipe, please share with your friends and family. Do you want to taste more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow Primavera Kitchen on Twitter, Pinterest, Google+, Instagram, and Facebook for all delicious recipes updates. As always, I really appreciate you stopping by.