This easy Pressure Cooker Sausage and Beans recipe is an absolutely awesome meal that tastes like it simmered all day but actually it took only 35mins to be ready on the table.
I really hope you all are having a great week so far. I’ve been very busy walking around the city with my family and enjoying the last few days with them as much as I can before they go back to Brazil. I am only cooking very easy meals since every single extra minute in the kitchen means less time with the people I most love in my life.
This post contains affiliate links. For more information, please visit my disclosure page here.
I chose to make beans because we (Brazilians) love to eat beans almost every day for lunch like this Quick Easy Bean Salad. I added sausage because it is a great combo with beans and delicious rice. This Pressure Cooker Sausage and Beans recipe is easy to make and it’s full of flavor. I love to make my beans recipes in a pressure cooker because everything cooks incredibly fast, especially beans that usually take a long time to cook. For me, pressure cookers are really a smart choice for making healthy and easy meals. Also, it can cook up to 10 times faster than ordinary cooking methods. You can even make recipes like vegetable beef soup and eggs in the pressure cooker! Isn’t that great? Every time I cook beans in a pressure cooker I make a big bunch, freeze them and just reheat the next days. Easy, right?
Of course, if you don’t have a pressure cooker, you can still make this recipe. Instead of cooking it for 35 minutes you will need to cook for about 2 hours. The flavor is the same, but you will have your beans on the table much faster if you make it in a pressure cooker. I am sure if you’re a bean lover like me, this is a great dish for you. Everyone in your family will gobble it up! Want another recipe using sausages? Try this Italian Sausage, Onions and Peppers Skillet or Slow Cooker Italian Sausage and Peppers!
Pressure Cooker Sausage and Beans
- First, you need to pick through the beans. Discard any stones or any damaged beans.
- Wash the beans in a colander and soak the beans overnight or for at least for 4 hours.
- Next, rinse and drain the beans.
- In a pressure cooker, add olive oil, onions, and garlic. Sauté until the onions are golden. Add red pepper, tomato paste, dried parsley, cumin, chili pepper, and sauté for 5 minutes more.
- Add the beans, sausage and 6 cups of broth or water.
- Close the pressure cooker and cook over high heat until the pressure builds up.
- Lower the heat to medium and cook for 35 minutes or until the beans are tender and soft.
- When the beans are ready, taste and add any extra seasonings (salt and pepper), if necessary. Serve with rice.
If you make this recipe, follow @primaverakitchen on Instagram, snap a photo and hashtag it #primaverakitchen. I'd love to see what you're making!
If you like Pressure Cooker Sausage and Beans recipe, please share with your friends and family. Do you want to taste more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow Primavera Kitchen on Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, and Facebook for all delicious recipes updates. As always, I really appreciate you stopping by.