Love a super simple, but flavourful salmon recipe? This Baked Lemon Dijon Salmon is what you are looking for. It only requires few ingredients and 20 minutes of your time including prep time. This recipe is also paleo, low-carb and gluten-free.
I love baked salmon recipes that only require simples ingredients and only takes about 15-20 minutes of my time, such my Garlic Butter Salmon in Foil, my 4-ingredient Pomegranate Glazed Salmon, my Foil Baked Salmon recipe and my Spicy Butter Salmon in Foil. These recipes are all super easy to make, healthy and flavourful. Perfect for a busy weeknight dinner meal. So, this Baked Lemon Dijon Salmon recipe is just as good as these 4 baked salmon recipes I mentioned before. So simple, so flavorful with Dijon mustard, garlic, fresh parsley, olive oil and lemon juice.
Delicious Baked Lemon Dijon Salmon
Having a super easy salmon recipe is essential for me since we eat baked salmon at least one time a week. It’s a healthy protein to consume, full of great and healthy fats for your body and brain, it’s fairly affordable and tastes delicious too. So, salmon is definitely one of my favourite dishes to make, especially know that my toddler loves it.
This Baked Lemon Dijon Salmon will be your family favourite too and you know why? Because it’s loaded with super flavourful ingredients (fresh parsley, garlic, Dijon mustard, olive oil and lemon juice) that you probably have in your pantry/kitchen. See, how can you go wrong with a recipe like that? Impossible even if you don’t have much experience in the kitchen.
How to Make this Baked Lemon Dijon Salmon:
As I say before this recipe is so easy to make that you can even ask your kids to make it with you. Sometimes my 2.5 years old boy helps me to make this recipe. He loves to mix all the ingredients together and pour over the salmon. He also loves to use the cooking pastry brush to spread the dressing over the fish. As you can see, if even a toddler can make half of the work, you can make it easily. Just follow the follow steps:
- Preheat the oven at 450F and prepare the baking sheet by lining a piece of parchment paper.
- Second, in a small glass bowl add all the ingredients (except the salmon and the slices of lemon) and mix everything well. Set aside.
- Place the 4 salmon filets (skin side down) on a lined baking dish and using a cooking pastry brush spread the Dijon mixture on top and sides of the salmon filets.
- Now it’s time to bake at 450°F for 12-15 minutes (the time will depend on the size of your salmon fillet. Done!
How long do you cook salmon in the oven at 450?
I always like to add this questions on my baked salmon recipe posts because I can’t stress enough about “don’t over cook your salmon”. In my option overcook salmon is just not good. It gets dry and it’s not flaky. So, the baking time will depend on the size and the thickness of your salmon filet. If your filet is very thick I would say about 15-18 minutes in the oven at 450ºF. But it has a normal size I would say about 12 minutes or until salmon flakes easily with a fork.
What is the best seasoning for salmon?
This is another question that people keep ask a lot. I think salmon is one of those fishes that go really well with almost any type of spice you would like to use. But my favourite is always garlic or garlic powder, Dijon mustard, lemon juice or lemon zest, lots of melted butter/ghee or olive oil, salt and black pepper, Italian seasoning and last but not least fresh parsley or dill. Mm… The best! Simply delicious!
I really hope you give this recipe a try and enjoy it. Now, let’s jump to the recipe 😉
Baked Lemon Dijon Salmon Recipe
- 4 medium salmon fillets
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley — chopped
- 2 garlic cloves — minced
- 1/2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- 2 tbsp light olive oil
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Slices of lemon for garnishing
- Preheat the oven at 450F. Prepare the baking sheet by lining a piece of parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a small bowl add all the ingredients (except the salmon and the slices of lemon) and mix everything well until combined.
- Place the 4 salmon filets (skin side down) on a lined baking dish. Add the Dijon mixture on top and sides of the salmon filets. Then, top with lemon slices.
- Bake at 450°F for 12-15 minutes (the time will depend on the size of your salmon fillet. Serve with cauliflower rice, roasted green beans, roasted asparagus or mashed cauliflower.
Nutrition InformationAmount per serving (1/4) — Calories: 329, Fat: 20g, Saturated Fat: 2g, Cholesterol: 79mg, Sodium: 362mg, Carbohydrates: 7g, Sugar: 4g, Protein: 28g
If you make this recipe, please don't forget to snap a photo and hashtag it #primaverakitchen. I really want to see!
If you like this Baked Lemon Dijon Salmon recipe, please share with your friends and family. Do you want to taste more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow Primavera Kitchen on Twitter, Pinterest, Google+, Instagram, and Facebook for all delicious recipes updates. As always, I really appreciate you stopping by.