Love a super simple, but flavourful salmon recipe? Dijon mustard salmon is quick, easy, and full of flavor. Make this recipe tonight for a meal that goes from oven to table in just 15 minutes and it only requires few ingredients.
I love baked salmon recipes that only require simples ingredients and only takes about 15-20 minutes of my time, such my Garlic Butter Salmon in Foil, my How to Cook Salmon in the Oven, my Foil Baked Salmon recipe, my Easy Broiled Salmon Recipe and my Spicy Butter Salmon in Foil.
These recipes are all super easy to make, healthy and flavourful. Perfect for a busy weeknight dinner meal.
So, this Dijon Mustard Salmon recipe is just as good as these 4 baked salmon recipes I mentioned before. So simple, so flavorful with Dijon mustard, garlic, fresh parsley, lemon juice and olive oil.
This Dijon Mustard Salmon Recipe is a great choice for busy weeknights. It cooks quickly and can be made with a variety of flavors.
This recipe uses a simple sauce made from pantry staples. The Dijon mustard adds a little bit of tang, while the fresh lemon creates an overall bright flavor.
Plus, by keeping the skin on, the fish comes out perfectly tender and moist.
Delicious Dijon Mustard Salmon
Having a super easy salmon recipe is essential for me since we eat baked salmon at least one time a week.
It’s a healthy protein to consume, full of great and healthy fats for your body and brain, it’s fairly affordable and tastes delicious too.
This Dijon Mustard Salmon will be your family favourite too and you know why? Because it’s loaded with super flavourful ingredients that you probably have in your pantry/kitchen. See, how can you go wrong with a recipe like that? Impossible even if you don’t have much experience in the kitchen.
How to make dijon mustard salmon
- Salmon fillets, skin on
- Lemon, sliced
- Olive oil
- Dijon mustard
- Lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- Garlic, pressed
- Fresh parsley, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- First, mix together all of the sauce ingredients in a small bowl.
- Add the salmon fillets to a cast iron skillet with the skin side down.
- Then, pour the sauce over the top of the fillets. It’s okay if it runs over the side and collects in the pan.
- Bake until the salmon is cooked all the way through. It should change in color to a light pink and will flake when pressed with a fork. Top with fresh lemon slices and serve with your preferred side dish.
Frequently asked questions
What can I use instead of a cast iron skillet?
How do I store and reheat cooked salmon?
What should I serve with this recipe?
- Cauliflower rice or mashed cauliflower
- Roasted vegetables
- Green salad
- Garlic Butter Sautéed Zucchini
- Couscous salad
- Spaghetti squash or zucchini noodles
- Spicy Roasted Cauliflower Recipe
How long do you cook salmon in the oven at 450?
I can’t stress enough about “don’t over cook your salmon”. In my option overcook salmon is just not good. It gets dry and it’s not flaky.
So, the baking time will depend on the size and the thickness of your salmon filet. If your filet is very thick I would say about 10 minutes in the oven at 450ºF. But it has a normal size I would say about 12 minutes or until salmon flakes easily with a fork.
What is the best seasoning for salmon?
This is another question that people keep ask a lot. I think salmon is one of those fishes that go really well with almost any type of spice you would like to use.
But my favourite is always garlic or garlic powder, Dijon mustard, lemon juice or lemon zest, lots of melted butter/ghee or olive oil, salt and black pepper, Italian seasoning and last but not least fresh parsley or dill. Mm… The best! Simply delicious!
More Easy Salmon Recipes to Try:
- Spicy Salmon Sweet Potato Skillet
- Broiled Salmon with Cabbage and Green Beans (Meal-Prep)
- Salmon Chopped Salad Recipe
- Easy Chopped Salmon Salad
I really hope you give this recipe a try and enjoy it. Now, let’s jump to the recipe 😉
Dijon Mustard Salmon Recipe
- Preheat the oven at 450F.
- In a small bowl add all the ingredients (except the salmon and the slices of lemon) and mix everything well until combined.
- Place the 4 salmon filets (skin side down) on a cast iron skillet. Add the Dijon mixture on top and sides of the salmon filets.
- Bake at 450°F for 10 minutes (the time will depend on the size of your salmon fillet).
If you make this recipe, follow @primaverakitchen on Instagram, snap a photo and hashtag it #primaverakitchen. I'd love to see what you're making!
If you like this Dijon Mustard Salmon recipe, please share with your friends and family. Do you want to taste more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow Primavera Kitchen on Twitter, Pinterest, Google+, Instagram, and Facebook for all delicious recipes updates. As always, I really appreciate you stopping by.