This ultra-easy Shrimp Vegetable Skillet recipe is loaded with veggies, flavourful spices, and shrimp. It’s a low-carb, whole30, gluten-free, and paleo one-pan meal that is ready in less than 30 minutes and perfect to take to work for lunch.
Believe me, this Shrimp Vegetable Skillet is definitely one of the easiest and quickest recipes I know. All you have to do is chop the onion, bell pepper, zucchini, and asparagus, then you are ready to go. Of course, this shrimp vegetable skillet will be easier to make if you buy shrimp that is already peeled and deveined. Cook the shrimp for 2 minutes per side in your cast iron skillet. Set aside. Add the veggies to the cast iron skillet, and stir few times. Then, return the shrimp to the skillet. Cook for 1 minute more, and you are ready to serve over cauliflower rice or mashed cauliflower. Seriously, there is nothing else to do. Easy meal!
I updated this post in June 2018 with new photos.
Unfortunately, this past week baby Thomas caught his first cold, and let me tell you: this is not fun. ;-(
I know we’ve been so lucky that Thomas has never been sick before. He didn’t have the flu or a cold for almost a year, but now he has had a bad cold for 5 days. He had a fever for 2 days, was congested, and had a runny nose with lots of mucus. It’s sad to see a baby this way.
I suppose it was going to happen because I take him to the community center where there are lots of cute babies and kids. He loves to go there. He likes the different toys and the space to play since we live in a small condo. It’s so nice to see him having fun, and that’s the reason why I go there almost every afternoon.
I know he’s going to be fine and better soon, but as a mother, my heart breaks to see him so fragile. So, I didn’t have much time to cook this weekend because Thomas needed my attention. Even though my time was limited, I made this easy, quick, and delicious Shrimp Vegetable Skillet recipe for lunch.
Why I love my cast iron skillet:
A cast iron skillet is definitely my favourite pan to cook in because it’s very versatile. You can make almost everything in it. It’s definitely the correct tool for searing, sautéing, simmering, braising, baking, roasting, and frying, like my Asparagus Sweet Potato Chicken Skillet and Ground Turkey Sweet Potato Skillet Recipe and if you get the cast iron grill, you can even grill on it like my Grilled Chicken Avocado Salad.
Also, cast iron can be used on various heat sources including gas, electric, induction, ceramic glass-top stoves, and in ovens. Or, you can even use it on the grill or outdoor fire and coals for camp cooking. On top of that, cast iron skillets have this superior heat retention that helps foods cook evenly. I have two cast iron skillets that I bought on Amazon. One is from Le Creuset (more expensive), and the other one is from Lodge, which has a lower price. Both are great! Here are 50 Healthy Cast Iron Skillet Recipes and 15 Healthy Skillet Dinner Recipes that will help you get a ton of uses out of your cast iron!
More Shrimp Vegetable Skillet recipes to try:
- Creamy Parmesan Shrimp Skillet: Make this recipe when you have no time to cook but want something delicious. It takes literally a few minutes to be ready.
- Sweet Potato, Kale and Shrimp Skillet: Requiring only 4 ingredients, this recipe is whole30, gluten-free, paleo, and super-easy to make!
- Garlic Shrimp Asparagus Skillet: My family’s shrimp skillet recipe is super-flavourful and easy-to-make.
- Shrimp, Bell Pepper and Onions Skillet: This is a delicious, low-carb, and gluten-free meal that’s super quick to make and is loaded with flavour.
This is also a great meal to make on Sunday or Monday and take to work for lunch because it stays good for up to 4 days in the fridge. It’s an excellent meal to enjoy during the busy and crazy weeknights. Hope you enjoy!!
See below for how to make this Shrimp Vegetable Skillet:
Shrimp Vegetable Skillet (Meal Prep)
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper
- 1 pound raw shrimp - peel and deveined with tail on
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil - divided
- 1 cup red bell pepper - chopped
- 1 cup white onions - chopped
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 1 cup asparagus - the spears should be cut at a diagonal in 2-3-inch pieces
- 1 cup zucchini - diced
- freshly chopped parsley - for garnishing
- 1 recipe cauliflower rice - for meal prepping
- In a small bowl, add the onion powder, garlic powder, smoked paprika, salt, and black pepper. Mix together to combine.
- In a large bowl, add the shrimp and the spice mixture. Mix everything well to combine.
- In a cast iron skillet, add the olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the shrimp, and cook for about 1-2 minutes per side or until they are pink and cooked through. Set aside.
- In the same skillet, add the remaining tablespoon of olive oil, white onions, and red bell peppers.
- Cook about 4 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Add the chicken broth and asparagus. Put the lid on the skillet, and cook for only 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the zucchini, put the lid back on, and cook for 3 minutes more.
- Return the shrimp to the skillet.
- Cook for 30 seconds or 1 minute to warm them.
- Garnish with parsley.
- MEAL PREPPING: Place an even amount of cauliflower rice into 4 different glass containers. Divide the shrimp vegetable skillet recipe into 4 portions. Cover with the lid, and place in the fridge for up 4 days. Heat in the microwave for about 2 minutes.
If you make this recipe, follow @primaverakitchen on Instagram, snap a photo and hashtag it #primaverakitchen. I'd love to see what you're making!
If you like this Shrimp Vegetable Skillet recipe, please share it with your friends and family. Do you want to taste more? Subscribe to my newsletter, and follow Primavera Kitchen on Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, and Facebook for all delicious recipe updates. As always, I really appreciate you stopping by.