Pumpkin Alfredo Sauce with Italian Sausage – Bring the fall flavour to your dinner table with this super creamy and easy Pumpkin and Italian Sausage Alfredo Sauce.
Last week I posted a great tutorial about how to make pumpkin puree and I hope you had a chance to make it because first it’ll make your baking recipes tastier than canned pumpkin, and second because today’s recipe has the homemade pumpkin puree as the main ingredient. However, as you can see this is a savoury dish and not a dessert.
Don’t worry I’ll be posting some pumpkin desserts soon because I know you all are craving it, but today you have this delicious Pumpkin Alfredo Sauce that I learned how to make on the blog Tastes Lovely with Italian Sausage that will make you lick the plate after you eat it. Trust me, you will 😉 And if you like the sound of that, here are 8 Pumpkin Sauces You Need to Make This Fall!
This Pumpkin Alfredo Sauce with Italian Sausage is so flavourful since it is loaded with fresh pumpkin puree, half & half and parmesan cheese. So, how could this not be good, right? I’m currently in love with these three ingredients together. All recipes that I saw with this combo are so yummy and always they make my mouth water.
Subscribe for new recipes & a free e-cookbook
If you haven’t made this pumpkin sauce yet you’re missing something incredibly delicious, even those who do not enjoy pumpkin much will love it. I’ve already made it so many times alongside this Pumpkin Alfredo Sauce Pasta.
I’m a hundred percent sure because my husband is one of those weirdos (sorry, Love) who doesn’t like pumpkin but loves this sauce. And if you prefer dessert pumpkin recipes rather than savoury pumpkin recipes, try this Paleo Chocolate Pumpkin Cake! I really hope you enjoy this Pumpkin Alfredo Sauce with Italian Sausage and let me know how your version turns out 😉
Pumpkin Alfredo Sauce with Italian Sausage
- 12 oz box whole wheat spaghetti
- 1 pound sweet Italian sausage
- 1/2 cup onions diced
- 3 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 cup of homemade pumpkin puree or canned pumpkin puree
- 1 ½ cups half & half
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- In large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta for about 8 minutes or until tender. Drain it and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium heat brown the sausage. Set aside on a paper towel lined plate to drain.
- In the same skillet, add onions and cook until they are translucent.
- Add garlic and cook for about 30 seconds.
- Then, add the pumpkin puree and half & half. Whisk to combine everything well.
- Add in the grated parmesan, salt and pepper.
- Let the sauce simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Return the cooked sausage to the skillet and add the pasta as well.
- Top with fresh parley and parmesan for garnish
- The sauce was adapted from Tastes Lovely.
- Canned pumpkin and pumpkin pie filling are different as pumpkin pie filling is seasoned with spices such as cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and sugar. Make sure to grab the correct can!
- I recommend using freshly grated parmesan cheese as it melts better into the sauce compared to pre-grated cheese.
- Feel free to use hot Italian sausage if you prefer your pasta to have a kick of heat.
- To store: Keep the pumpkin alfredo in an airtight container for up to 3 to 4 days in the fridge.
- To reheat: You can reheat the leftovers in the microwave or on the stovetop.
- To freeze: You can freeze leftover pasta in a freezer-safe container or bag for up to 3 months.
Nutrition information is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate.
And if you like this Pumpkin Alfredo Sauce with Italian Sausage recipe, please share with your friends and family. Do you wanna taste more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow Primavera Kitchen on Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook for all delicious recipes updates. As always, you are really appreciated for stopping by.
More Pumpkin Recipe!
Leave a Comment