This creamy Tortellini Pumpkin Sauce is super-easy to put together and will satisfy the whole family because it is definitely a delicious recipe for dinner.
Today I brought to you one more fall flavor recipe inspired on my last pumpkin sauce recipe creamy Pumpkin Alfredo Sauce Pasta, which was a hit in my home. I love this pumpkin sauce that I learned how to do on the blog Tastes Lovely. It is very easy to make, quick and also very tasty. Even if you don’t like much pumpkin you will enjoy this sauce for sure. I guarantee especially because my husband is a very picky eater and he hates pumpkins but I was surprised to see him eating and asking for more when I made this pumpkin sauce with pasta.
I really couldn’t believe it. I was even more surprised when few weeks ago his cousins came to town from Montreal and I asked him what to make for dinner and he said to me: “Why don’t you make that dish with pumpkin sauce?” I thought “what? Am I really hearing what I am hearing, right now?” So, if you don’t like pumpkin you can definitely start to try it with this sauce. I am sure you will enjoy it. Just for the record, after making this pumpkin sauce dish, I also made this Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies with pumpkin sauce and again my husband ate 4 of them. Not bad, right?
For this recipe you will need to buy a pumpkin puree can, which is so easy to find everywhere at this time of the year or you can make your own puree by watching this awesome video tutorial from one of my favorite food blogs Clean & Delicious. So, now you don’t have any excuse not to try this sauce. And for the rest of the ingredients I am sure you have all of them on hands because you only will need garlic, onions, half & half cream, Parmesan and salt and pepper. Easy!! This dish is even tastier because you will put this sauce on top of cheese tortellini. Who doesn’t like tortellini? I bet this dish will be a winner at your place too. Enjoy!
Tortellini Pumpkin Sauce
- 2 (9-ounce) packages cheese tortellini
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 cloves of garlic — minced
- 1 cup canned pumpkin — not pumpkin pie filling
- 1 ½ cups half & half
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley — chopped
- salt and ground black pepper
- In large pot of boiling salted water, cook tortellini according to label directions. Drain it and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in large skillet, melt the butter over medium heat and cook garlic for about 30 seconds.
- Then, whisk to combine in the pumpkin and half & half.
- Add in the grated Parmesan, salt and pepper.
- Let the sauce simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Add the tortellini to the sauce skillet and mix well to combine.
- Before serving, topped with fresh parley and Parmesan for garnish.
Nutrition InformationAmount per serving (1/4) — Calories: 224, Fat: 12g, Saturated Fat: 7g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g, Monounsaturated Fat: 3g, Cholesterol: 30mg, Sodium: 335mg, Potassium: 202mg, Carbohydrates: 22g, Fiber: 3g, Sugar: 2g, Protein: 9g, Vitamin A: 274%, Vitamin C: 7%, Calcium: 119%, Iron: 8%
If you make this recipe, please don't forget to snap a photo and hashtag it #primaverakitchen. I really want to see!
If you like Tortellini Pumpkin Sauce recipe, please share with your friends and family. Do you wanna taste more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow Primavera Kitchen on Twitter, Pinterest, Google +, Instagram and Facebook for all delicious recipes updates. As always, you are really appreciated for stopping by.
More Pumpkin Sauce Recipes!