Bring a traditional alfredo sauce to the next level and make this easy homemade creamy Pumpkin Alfredo Sauce Pasta for a cozy dinner today.
Hello, everyone. Hope you all had a great weekend. My weekend was pretty busy and cold, but we had fun. We went to the Paul McCartney’s concert and it was absolutely fantastic. I’ve never seen an artist so humble and friendly on the stage like him. He talked to the audience all the time, said jokes, and, of course, sang beautifully. He also told stories how he wrote the lyrics of some songs. Ah, and I can’t forget to mention he chose some people who brought funny and creative signs to meet him on the stage. Those people had the chance to talk to him, take pictures, and receive his autograph. How cool was that!? Pierre, me, and my little baby boy (inside of me) had a blast 😉
This weekend also was the Scotiabank Marathon in Toronto. My husband and his cousins from Montreal participated. My husband and one of his cousins ran 5k and the other one ran the complete marathon, which was 42k. Wow … we were very impressed with him. Despite the weather that was really cold, we all had fun. I didn’t run because I am pregnant and I didn’t feel confident to run like this. My back still isn’t very good either, but I was happy for them and I could enjoy the day anyway.
One thing you will really enjoy too is this delicious Pumpkin Alfredo Sauce Pasta recipe is inspired by the recipe of my dear blogger friend Natalie from Lovely Tastes. I’ve never tried to make any savory dish with pumpkin pure before, but I am glad I did because I had a beautiful surprise. In Brazil, we eat pumpkin much more in a savory dishes than in dessert (but don’t let that fool you, we love our Paleo Chocolate Pumpkin Cake and Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread), but since my husband doesn’t like much pumpkin, I’ve never bothered to make dishes with pumpkin puree. However, I was at Whole Food and I saw pumpkin can on sale. I thought why not buy few cans and try to make something different for dinner, right?
So, Nat’s post came in handy because she posted her recipe the same week I bought the pumpkin cans. I also decided to make this recipe when I saw that amount of Parmesan cheese she added in there. I thought, “Wow … this is a perfect recipe to make for my husband since he loves cheese”. Even though he doesn’t like pumpkin flavor, I was sure he was going to eat it just because of the Parmesan. In short, he not only ate this dish but also loved it. I am so glad all turned out so delicious and we both enjoyed it. This sauce is definitely worth a try. If you love fall flavors, it is the sauce for you. It is easy and very fast to make and I bet you have all the ingredients in your kitchen. The only ingredient I didn’t have was sage and for this reason, I didn’t use it, but if you have it, you definitely should use it. Sage and pumpkin go really well together. I hope you really enjoy it.
Want another pumpkin sauce recipe? Here are 8 Pumpkin Sauces You Need to Make This Fall!
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta for about 8 minutes or until tender. Drain it and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, melt the butter over medium heat and cook garlic for about 30 seconds.
- Then, whisk to combine in the pumpkin and half & half. Add the grated parmesan, salt, and pepper.
- Let the sauce simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Heat the leftover chicken in the microwave for 2 minutes.
- Combine the pasta, sauce, and chicken.
- Topped with fresh parsley and parmesan for garnish.
- You can try my homemade pumpkin puree if you cannot find canned pumpkin.
- Canned pumpkin and pumpkin pie filling are different as pumpkin pie filling is seasoned with spices such as cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and sugar.
- I recommend using freshly grated parmesan cheese as it melts better into the sauce compared to pre-grated cheese.
- To store: Keep the pumpkin alfredo in an airtight container for up to 3 to 4 days in the fridge.
- To reheat: You can reheat the leftovers in the microwave or on the stovetop.
- To freeze: You can freeze leftover pasta in a freezer-safe container or bag for up to 3 months.
Nutrition information is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate.
If you like Pumpkin Alfredo Sauce Pasta recipe, please share with your friends and family. Do you wanna taste more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow Primavera Kitchen on Twitter, Pinterest, Google +, Instagram and Facebook for all delicious recipes updates. As always, you are really appreciated for stopping by.
More Pumpkin Recipes!