This Whole Wheat Fusilli with Mussels recipe is as simple as can be and I mean it, really! I made it Sunday night and I was just so lazy and didn’t want to spend more than 30 minutes in the kitchen. Sometimes, on weekends I just want to relax, watch movies, read, go for a long walks, be with my husband and friends and of course cook, but not complicated recipes that demand lots of work. So, I came up with this easy fusilli with a mussel pasta recipe that just needs a few ingredients to make a tasty meal. Want a veggie-packed side dish to go with this? Try my Zucchini Couscous Salad!
To make my life even easier, I bought pre-cleaned mussels. I just boiled them for 3 minutes and set it aside. While the fussili was cooking, I just needed to sauté the onions, garlic and tomatoes. Then, I added the mussels and the pasta and cooked for more 2 minutes.
It’s so quick and easy. To finish off the meal, I love making these Healthier Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars as a dessert.
So, what you guys are waiting for to give this delicious whole wheat fusilli with mussels recipe a try? Go ahead and try to make it. I hope this recipe may inspire you to create something delicious in your own kitchen today. Want another easy pasta recipe? This Sausage Asparagus Quinoa Pasta is a great recipe to try!
Want to have an Italian feast with these mussels? Make some homemade pizza with my Whole Wheat Pizza Dough!
Whole Wheat Fusilli with Mussels
- Fill a large pot with salted water and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Add the fusilli and cook 2 minutes less than indicated on the package, because you will continue cook the pasta a few more minutes in a saucepan. Drain pasta and set aside.
- In another large pot, bring water to a boil over high heat and add the mussels. Cook for approximately 3 to 5 minutes. Drain and set aside each opened mussel. Discard all mussels that have not opened.
- In a saucepan, add extra olive oil over medium-high heat. Add shallots and cook shallots until translucent.
- Add garlic, red pepper flakes and cherry tomatoes. Sauté everything together for few minutes (about 2-3 minutes).
- Add reserved fusilli and mussels and stir well for more 2 minutes.
- Add basil, salt and pepper to taste. Adjust seasoning if necessary.
If you make this recipe, follow @primaverakitchen on Instagram, snap a photo and hashtag it #primaverakitchen. I'd love to see what you're making!
This post contains affiliate links. For more information, please visit my disclosure page here.
Now as always, I want to hear from you on the comments bellow. What is your favourite seafood dish? Do you wanna taste more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow Primavera Kitchen on Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook for all delicious recipe updates. Thanks for stopping by!
Bring Joy and mussels into your plate 😉
Taste more from Primavera Kitchen!
This Pasta Salad with Lima Beans and Anchovies is loaded with fiber from the whole wheat pasta, which makes you feel more satisfied after eating it.
This Fusilli with Mushroom and Roasted Butternut Squash is a healthy and flavourful fall recipe for a quick dinner.