Foil Baked Salmon Recipe: This is the easiest way to make salmon in foil. It is baked over a bed of asparagus. You infuse your salmon with lemon, onion, and dried oregano for a richer flavor. It is gluten-free, paleo, and low-carb!
Oh gosh, do you believe it is already June? I told my husband yesterday that it feels like this year has just been flying by. I guess every year we feel the same way, right? I hope I can have time to do all the things I am still planning to do this year. I better run …
The weather this weekend was not the best. It rained all day Saturday and Sunday and for this reason, we spent most of the time inside the house. But we used this time to do something very useful and necessary: spring-cleaning. Yes, I know spring is almost over, but like they say, “better late than never”.
So, we cleaned all the cabinets, closets, and bathrooms. We mopped, dusted, vacuumed, washed the BBQ, and the patio set. I have to say that it felt so good after all the cleaning.
I always clean the house, but honestly, I don’t deep clean my home every month. It is not necessary since we are very organized and it is only me and my husband at home.
But one of the reasons we were so motivated to clean is because my family is coming to visit us Wednesday (tomorrow) for the first time and they will be here for 3 weeks.
I am SO excited. I can’t even express how much. On Thursday, we are going to Montreal to visit my in-laws and probably we will stay there for one week. Actually, we are going to be at my husband’s family’s cottage to enjoy the lake. I can’t wait! Then, we will be back in Toronto to visit the CN Tower, aquarium, museums, Toronto Island, lots of parks, few farms, and of course, Niagara Falls. Summer is going to be good!
Talking about good. This Foil Baked Salmon recipe today is beyond good. It is D.E.L.I.C.I.O.U.S and so easy to make. First of all, you probably have all the ingredients on hand. Second, we won’t dirty any baking sheet because we will bake the salmon in foil. And third, you don’t even need to make a side dish, because the asparagus is already your side dish!
I love this method since it allows you to bake different flavors into your salmon. You infuse your salmon with lemon, onion, and dried oregano for a richer flavor. But before we go to the recipe, let me give you some tips to make this Foil Baked Salmon recipe even more delicious:
- I suggest you bake it for a maximum of 12-15 mins. If you bake it more than 15 minutes, the asparagus will be soggy and the salmon overcooked.
- When you open the foil packet, please be very careful because the steam inside of the packet is very hot.
- When you open the foil packet, you may find a little bit of water. Use a spoon just remove it before serving.
More Baked Salmon Recipes to Try:
- Easy Cedar Plank Salmon: It’s been rubbed with Cajun seasoning and grilled slowly over soaked cedar plank to bring a delicious smokey flavor to your fish.
- Quick Easy Broiled Salmon: It only requires four ingredients and you will have a delicious and perfect heart-healthy meal for your busy weeknights.
- Garlic Butter Salmon in Foil: It’s ultra-easy dinner to make and it’s ready in less than 25 minutes and it’s delicious with salads, Garlic Parmesan Roasted Brussels Sprouts or Spicy Baked Sweet Potato Fries.
- Salmon Chopped Salad recipe: Quick salad to make when you have salmon leftovers. So good!
Watch the video to know how to make this Foil Baked Salmon recipe:
Foil Baked Salmon Recipe
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- In a medium bowl, place the two pieces of salmon. Pour 1 tbsp olive oil and sprinkle salt, pepper, and dried oregano.
- Cut two sheets of foil. It has to be big enough to wrap the salmon and asparagus.
- First place asparagus (about 8 spears) on the sheet of foil.
- Layer fillets over asparagus.
- Then top each with about 2 onion slices and 2 lemon slices.
- Wrap sides of foil inward over salmon then fold on top and bottom of foil to enclose.
- Place foil packets in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 12-15 minutes. (The time will depend on the thickness of your salmon and the power of your oven.)
- Unwrap and using a large spatula, transfer the foil packets to plates. Serve warm.
If you make this recipe, follow @primaverakitchen on Instagram, snap a photo and hashtag it #primaverakitchen. I'd love to see what you're making!
If you recreate this recipe, please take a picture and tag @primaverakitchen and #primaverakitchen on Instagram! I would love to see your version. Thanks a lot.
If you like Foil Baked Salmon recipe, please share with your friends and family. Do you want to taste more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow Primavera Kitchen on Twitter, Pinterest Instagram, and Facebook for all delicious recipes updates. As always, I really appreciate you stopping by.