This gluten and dairy-free, low-carb Almond Butter Waffles recipe are made with almond butter and dark chocolate chips for a delicious and healthy weekend breakfast!
Hello, Guys! Happy Saturday
I hope that the weekend has gotten off to a great start so far. Spring is here and summer is already around the corner and I feel like enjoying every single second of the weekend. Anything fun planned for the weekend?
Last Friday before going to the bed, my sweet hubby asked me to make waffles for him on Saturday morning for breakfast. I told him that I was going to think about it, but in reality I was craving some waffles too. It’s been a while since I’ve made my waffle recipe and it just seems so crazy, since I am a HUGE waffles lover. Why do I love waffles? Because they are so flavorful and also just by swapping ingredients you can make a different one every time.
I woke up in the morning and I thought I’d make my Peanut Butter Waffles recipe because it is very easy, quick, gluten free and so delicious. But I couldn’t because my pantry was out of peanut butter. I realized I had almond butter, which has the same texture than peanut butter. So, I used almond butter because I know it wouldn’t change the recipe much. I also used almond milk instead of coconut milk. As I said so many times before I have replaced the sugar with honey/maple in my pancakes or waffles batters because I just think sugar makes it too sweet.
But if you feel you should add some sugar I would recommend only 2 tablespoons of sugar. However, what really made the difference in this Almond Butter Waffles recipe were the chocolate chips. No kidding!! It melts with the heat of the waffle maker and brings this waffle to whole new level. Guys, you have to try this recipe to understand what I am talking about. So good!!
ps: I used this Professional Waffle Maker to make my waffles. This is great because it lets you bake the same deep-pocketed waffles from your favorite restaurant, right at home. It is really easy to operate and easy to clean too. I just use a paper towel to brush any waffle dust off once it cools and the best part: it flips so that the waffle will cook evenly on both sides.
This post contains affiliate links. For more information, please visit my disclosure page here.
Almond Butter Waffles
- Preheat your waffle iron to medium heat setting.
- In a large bowl, combine all the dry ingredients together.
- In a medium bowl, add the wet ingredients and mix well.
- In a small bowl, beat egg whites thoroughly until they become foamy.
- Combine the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix everything together.
- Then, folding egg whites into your batter.
- Add chocolate chips and mix everything well.
- Spray both surfaces of your waffle iron with cooking spray.
- Use a ladle to pour mixture on the waffle iron.
- Top the batter with a few additional chocolate chips, if desired.
- Cook waffles until crispy and golden brown.
- Top with your favorite fruit and pure Canadian maple syrup.
If you make this recipe, follow @primaverakitchen on Instagram, snap a photo and hashtag it #primaverakitchen. I'd love to see what you're making!
If you like this Almond Butter Waffles recipe and think it is worthy, please share with your friends and family. Do you wanna taste more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow Primavera Kitchen on Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook for all delicious recipes updates.
More Waffle Recipe!