You’re going to want to make a double batch of these delicious low-carb peanut butter cookies! Made with creamy peanut butter, natural sweetener, and topped with sugar-free chocolate and chopped peanuts, you’re going to love these homemade cookies.
I love cookies and can eat a whole batch by myself! However, eating an entire batch of regular cookies isn’t exactly great for you so I developed these delicious low carb cookies! These low-carb peanut butter cookies are so good while being sugar-free and gluten-free. They’re so satisfying and hits my cravings every time.
These super easy cookies are made with only six ingredients that you probably already have in your kitchen. Despite looking so elegant with the melted chocolate and chopped peanuts, you’d never guess how simple they are to make!
These low-carb peanut butter cookies really only take 10 minutes to put together and 15 minutes in the oven. They’re actually simple enough to make that you can even have your kids helping you. You can have them mixing the ingredients together or making the cross cross pattern on top of your cookies with a fork.
Want more delicious desserts? Try my Healthy Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies, Almond Butter Cookies Recipe, Healthier Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars, Sugar-free Fudgy Walnut Brownies, or my Keto Chocolate Bars Recipe.
How to Make this Low Carb Peanut Butter Cookies
- Peanut butter
- Egg — best at room temperature
- Xylitol — a sugar-free sweetener
- Vanilla extract
- Sea salt
- Sugar-free chocolate chips
- Unsalted peanuts — chopped
- Sugar-free chocolate bar
Prep the Oven and Equipment
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone mat. Set aside.
Mix Everything Together
- In a large bowl add the peanut butter, eggs, sweetener, vanilla, and salt. Using a spatula stir everything well until all is combined and the dough is smooth. Then add in the chocolate chips and mix well.
- Roll balls of dough. It’s about 1.5 tablespoon of dough per cookie. Place 2 inches apart on the baking sheets.
Bake The Low Carb Peanut Butter Cookies
- Bake for about 15-20 minutes, until very lightly golden. Allow the cookies to cool completely before handling.
Make the Melted Chocolate
- While the cookies are in the oven, in a microwave-safe bowl, melt ¾ cup chocolate chips. Heat for 1 minute. Remove from the microwave and stir. Return it to the microwave and repeat, stopping to stir every 15-seconds until the mixture is totally melted.
- To make chocolate-dipped cookies, dip half of cookie into the melted chocolate and let the excess run off. Sprinkle with peanuts top.
- These Low-carb Peanut Butter Cookies are made with soft peanut butter, but you can substitute smooth peanut butter for chunky to get a different cookie texture.
- Alternatively, if you’re out of peanut butter, you can use almond butter as well.
- I only baked these cookies for 15 minutes, but feel free to bake them a minute or two longer to give them a little crunch.
- If you’re not following a low carb diet, you can make these cookies with any other type of sugar such as coconut sugar, white sugar or brown sugar.
- Chocolate can be swapped for dark chocolate or even milk chocolate.
Tips and Notes
- To store them, place them in an airtight container or ziploc bag. They last for about a week in room temperature.
Low-Carb Peanut Butter Cookies Recipe FAQs
What else can I add to these cookies?
You can add additional nuts onto the chocolate coat such as chopped walnuts, pecans, or almonds.
Can I freeze these cookies?
You can freeze these cookies for later! Freeze them either fully baked or freeze them before baking. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper, place the pressed cookies on it, freeze for up to an hour or until frozen solid, and transfer into a freezer bag. When ready, bake as directed from frozen but add a minute or two to adjust for it being frozen.
More Desserts You Might Like
- Sugar-free Nutella Thumbprint Cookies
- Almond Flour Shortbread Cookies
- Cranberry Almond Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Gluten-free Chocolate Beet Cake
- Low-carb Cranberry Thumbprint Cookies
- Low-Carb Almond Butter Chocolate Truffles
Low-Carb Peanut Butter Cookies
Preheat the oven to 350F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone mat. Set aside.
In a large bowl add the peanut butter, eggs, sweetener, vanilla, and salt. Using a spatula stir everything well until all is combined and the dough is smooth.
Add the chocolate chips and mix well.
Roll balls of dough. It’s about 1.5 tablespoons of dough per cookie. Place 2 inches apart on the baking sheets. Then flatten the top of the cookie with your two fingers.
Bake for about 15-20 minutes, until very lightly golden. Allow the cookies to cool completely before handling.
While the cookies are in the oven, melt the chocolate in the microwave.
In a microwave-safe bowl, melt ¾ cup chopped chocolate bar. Heat for 1 minute. Remove from the microwave and stir. Return it to the microwave and repeat, stopping to stir every 15-seconds until the mixture is totally melted.
Dip half of cookie into the melted chocolate and let the excess run off. Sprinkle with peanuts.
Nutrition InformationAmount per serving (1/16) — Calories: 197, Fat: 15g, Saturated Fat: 4g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g, Monounsaturated Fat: 6g, Cholesterol: 24mg, Sodium: 49mg, Potassium: 150mg, Carbohydrates: 10g, Fiber: 5g, Sugar: 1g, Protein: 7g
If you make this recipe, follow @primaverakitchen on Instagram, snap a photo and hashtag it #primaverakitchen. I'd love to see what you're making!