Sheet pan chicken with vegetables uses fresh ingredients pantry staples for a delicious meal. Make this recipe tonight in just under an hour!
How to make sheet pan chicken with vegetables
For the chicken
- Chicken thighs, bone in and skin on
- Olive oil
- Italian seasoning
- Garlic powder
- Salt and pepper
For the veggies
- White potatoes, peeled and diced
- Green beans, trimmed
- Sweet potato, peeled and diced
- Olive oil
- Dried oregano
- Salt and pepper
- Fresh parsley (for garnish)
Start the chicken
Prep the vegetables
After the chicken has baked for 20 minutes, remove from the oven and spread the potatoes in a single layer on the pan. Bake for another 15 minutes.
Then, remove the pan from the oven again and stir the potatoes. Coat the green beans with a little olive oil, salt, and pepper and add to the baking sheet.
Bake another 10 minutes, checking to make sure the chicken is cooked all the way through. Add some fresh parsley before serving if you’d like.
Frequently asked questions
Can I use boneless, skinless thighs or chicken breast instead?
Absolutely! You’ll need to adjust the baking time, though, to make sure the chicken doesn’t dry out.
Whether you use boneless, skinless thighs or breasts, the chicken will need to bake for about 25 minutes.
Skip the step where you bake the chicken by itself first. Instead, start by spreading the seasoned potatoes on the baking sheet and nestle the chicken among the pieces.
Then, continue the recipe as written. Check to make sure the chicken is cooked all the way through before serving – it should reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
Can I use different vegetables in this baked chicken recipe?
Sure! Because it’s such a simple recipe, it’s easy to customize it to your personal taste. Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Potatoes: Substitute the white potatoes with red ones for a more buttery flavor, and leave the skin on.
- Squash: Replace the green beans with zucchini or crookneck squash, or do a mix of both!
- Bell pepper: Any color will work in this recipe.
- Onion: Mix in chopped red or sweet onion with the potatoes for a caramelized flavor.
Sheet Pan Chicken with Vegetables
FOR THE CHICKEN BREAST
- Preheat the oven to 425˚F.
- In a medium bowl add the chicken thighs, olive oil, Italian seasoning, paprika, garlic powder, salt and black pepper. Mix well to evenly coat the chicken.
- Place chicken thighs on the baking sheet and bake it for about 20 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, add white potatoes and sweet potatoes. Season with salt, pepper and oregano. Pour olive oil on it and mix all together.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven and spread the white potato and sweet potato on it. Bake for 15 minutes more.
- Remove it again from the oven. Flip the potatoes and add green beans.
- Pour a little of olive oil on top of green beans and season it with salt and pepper. Mix well to evenly coat. Bake for another 10 minutes.
- If desired, sprinkle freshly parley over the veggies and chicken. Enjoy!
If you make this recipe, follow @primaverakitchen on Instagram, snap a photo and hashtag it #primaverakitchen. I'd love to see what you're making!